Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cancelling my reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

This is a horrible comparison.

Instead of a brand new car with Autopilot you get a used car with 71k miles and non Autopilot for the same price? This is why I am waiting for a Model 3. If I could get a AP2 car with low miles for 52k that would be another story but no way I am buying a Tesla out of warranty.

• Disagree
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Remarkable to see a spike in negative posts right after the most inspiring moment in Tesla history.... hmmmm something doesn’t line up? May I request a mod up in here before we all get herpes?

Perhaps you don't fully grasp that in the last 12 hrs most the Model 3 reservations got a second bump in the timeline, and most those who reserved a $35k car on Day One are now listed as 2019 or later.

If you thought that >400,000 people would be dancing in streets this AM, you watch too much CNN.

Sure it was to be expected, and is nothing new. It's just like diarrhea from eating off a lunch truck. Expected but not the high point of your day.

Though I doubt I'm the only one who expected both timeline bumps, and pushing the M3SR to the back of the queue. There will most likely be a third bump as well after the 2018Q1 report. 20,000 units a month can't put $35k in most reservationists hands by early 2019, and they are not even close to those production levels.

I think Mr Musk is showing responsibility to his shareholders in trying to sell more higher margin products. This only makes sense. We are not on the list and don't own a Tesla but will probably put our name on the list this time next year for a 2020 or 2021 delivery. I understand the frustration but I think it is a good decision on the companies part. I don't believe that he is a liar in any sense of the world. But his company is a business and he is responsible to manage it properly so tens of thousands of employees will keep their jobs, be able to pay their mortgages and shareholders will see their investments grow. There are various levels of obligation but future possible customers are somewhat down the food chain.

If I had a reservation and was in a position to buy I might consider keeping it and keeping my options open to the very last minute.

JMHO

You got me Butter. My three plus years of ev ownership, first day reservation and countless hours of volunteering for my local drive electric chapter, riding along with the worlds worst drivers, has all been a ruse to ingratiate myself to the EV cabal so I could bring them down from the inside. Uncle Bob will be so mad that, having been outed, my days as an oil shill insider are done. Drat.

I think he is also showing responsibility to his shareholders in trying to sell more higher margin products. This only makes sense. We are not on the list and don't own a Tesla but will probably put our name on the list this time next year for a 2020 or 2021 delivery. I understand the frustration but I think it is a good decision on the companies part. I don't believe that he is a liar in any sense of the world. But his company is a business and he is responsible to manage it properly so tens of thousands of employees will keep their jobs, be able to pay their mortgages and shareholders will see their investments grow. There are various levels of obligation but future possible customers are somewhat down the food chain.

If I had a reservation and was in a position to buy I might consider keeping it and keeping my options open to the very last minute.

JMHO

I agree completely. I think they should have started out with fully optioned Model 3's then moved back down.

But I can understand some people's frustration as well. It doesn't affect me since I knew what to expect going in, and I'm not in the market for the $35k car that was promoted. I had a strong hunch it would be more $, and also that late 2018 would be the delivery date for early conquest reservationists. Just based on history and the auto industry. But many folk did not do their homework.

Perhaps you don't fully grasp that in the last 12 hrs most the Model 3 reservations got a second bump in the timeline, and most those who reserved a $35k car on Day One are now listed as 2019 or later.

If you thought that >400,000 people would be dancing in streets this AM, you watch too much CNN.

Sure it was to be expected, and is nothing new. It's just like diarrhea from eating off a lunch truck. Expected but not the high point of your day.

Though I doubt I'm the only one who expected both timeline bumps, and pushing the M3SR to the back of the queue. There will most likely be a third bump as well after the 2018Q1 report. 20,000 units a month can't put $35k in most reservationists hands by early 2019, and they are not even close to those production levels.
No dude you’re good, seriously, no probs with that sort of disappointment... it’s the other type that doesn’t ring true

Reactions: McRat
You got me Butter. My three plus years of ev ownership, first day reservation and countless hours of volunteering for my local drive electric chapter, riding along with the worlds worst drivers, has all been a ruse to ingratiate myself to the EV cabal so I could bring them down from the inside. Uncle Bob will be so mad that, having been outed, my days as an oil shill insider are done. Drat.
Good post

Can someone please relabel this thread, “compost for the paid corporate opposition?” Unbelievable how threatened these folks must be.... bob lutz dipping into his retirement fund to go anti Tesla with paid haters. Trollville.... they know it’s a make or break year for model 3 and Tesla, how sad they will be when they succeed anyway.

Remarkable to see a spike in negative posts right after the most inspiring moment in Tesla history.... hmmmm something doesn’t line up? May I request a mod up in here before we all get herpes?

I think this pessimism is justified and calling someone a troll just because they don’t always believe everything Tesla does is sunshine and gumdrops doesn’t mean they are wrong. Tesla continues to say they have learned from the previous model only to continue to show just how young they really are as a company and how much they still have to learn.

If someone leased with FSD an advanced features I’d request money back on the lease, but a lot of folks lease as a way to buy the car through a business ... either way, I hardly call it a hot mess. I’m confused by that. It seems to be going very well. We are talking an entirely new line correct? A year from now, it’ll be humming and you’ll be debating if you want to wait for the performance model 3 that goes 0-60 in 2.2 secs
Elon/Tesla making commitments that are completely and utterly unrealistic = hot mess. I was being nice with "hot mess". Deceptive business practices, fraud, etc are terms my lawyers would use.

It's also not about a FSD refund. Some people bought or leased the car on the basis of that FSD video and Elon's supporting propaganda in the press and on Twitter. It's deceptive business practices when you put that video out there and internally know it will never be delivered during the lease.

Happy to post the whole timeline with exhibits here if need be to showcase the point.

Reactions: Warrentt and jsrawa
I think this pessimism is justified and calling someone a troll just because they don’t always believe everything Tesla does is sunshine and gumdrops doesn’t mean they are wrong. Tesla continues to say they have learned from the previous model only to continue to show just how young they really are as a company and how much they still have to learn.
My issue is not with folks like you that have 400 posts and are disappointed in waiting... its people with new accounts posting horror story and I’m fed up threads that I find suspicious... just something I’ve seen over time that I have more and more awareness of... not everyone on the forum is here for good reasons... trust me I’m no conspiracy theorist. I think everyone is trying to kill me... not just the government

My issue is not with folks like you that have 400 posts and are disappointed in waiting... its people with new accounts posting horror story and I’m fed up threads that I find suspicious... just something I’ve seen over time that I have more and more awareness of... not everyone on the forum is here for good reasons... trust me I’m no conspiracy theorist. I think everyone is trying to kill me... not just the government

I may have 400 posts but you don’t know anything about me and how long I have been waiting. Hint: It has been more than two years. The Tesla “family” is about to get bigger and just because I didn’t have an account before you doesn’t make my points invalid. This is off topic now so I’ll leave it at that.

Elon/Tesla making commitments that are completely and utterly unrealistic = hot mess. I was being nice with "hot mess". Deceptive business practices, fraud, etc are terms my lawyers would use.

It's also not about a FSD refund. Some people bought or leased the car on the basis of that FSD video and Elon's supporting propaganda in the press and on Twitter. It's deceptive business practices when you put that video out there and internally know it will never be delivered during the lease.

Happy to post the whole timeline with exhibits here if need be to showcase the point.
Swift anyone who makes graphics to demonstrate how a company is fraudulent or is repeatedly disappointing them has lost the joy of the drive really has lost site of the purpose of TMC in my opinion. Your feelings are valid, and youre entitled to them. I just think Tesla is awesome. Not perfect, but really really really awesome. Which is why I am writing this from my car. Hmmm. I think we all learned something today

Reactions: outdoors
i thought the intent was to bring the EVs to the masses. if by masses, you mean upper middle class, then elon succeeded. with this delay, EVERY one of the 200K teslas delivered with a full tax credit in the US will be to those who can afford a $45K car (or much greater). All of those fringe buyers looking for an EV they can be excited about for under 30K after incentives, and put their 1K down almost 2 years ago are going to be disappointed. It is really a shame that the bulk of these tax incentives miss the people who needed it the most.