Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can Tesla Model 3 height be increased?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I am an intending Tesla Model 3 long range Owner. Apart from Model been nearer to the ground, it is the car that fits my EV search. Kindly note that this car will be used in Nigeria Africa where we have bad road networks. Please l want to know if I can raise the car with maybe a bigger tyre or anything that can be suggested?

Also is Model 3 reliable and ideal to be used in Nigeria where there are no Tesla presence and few EV technicians?

I have been driving an Executive Lexus LS 460L 2010 since 3 years now without much issues. Can model 3 give me such reliability and peace of mind?

I need a general advice before I purchase this car April. Thanks in anticipation of your responses

MPP makes a lift kit for Model 3.

I would feel uncomfortable having a Tesla in a country without a service center.

Here in Nigeria, our temperature is usually 70 degrees F to 100 degrees. As we chat now the weather is 85f. Is it a miss or a hit?
Your temperature won't be an issue, but that's only one factor. The point is that your actual range will very likely be less than the rated range, so how much actual range do you need? In other words, what's the furthest you'll need to drive without access to charging?

Your temperature won't be an issue, but that's only one factor. The point is that your actual range will very likely be less than the rated range, so how much actual range do you need? In other words, what's the furthest you'll need to drive without access to charging?
Highest journey before I will need charging is 200 miles on highway before getting to where I will need to charge it. Moreover I have started learning to drive gently at least 60-65 miles per hour.

Here in Nigeria, our temperature is usually 70 degrees F to 100 degrees. As we chat now the weather is 85f

You will not get near the rated range, unless you drive at the rated range speeds, which is like 42 miles per hour at a consistent speed with no elevation, and very little climate use. Kindly please ignore the rated range statistic of 350 or 330.

You will not get near the rated range, unless you drive at the rated range speeds, which is like 42 miles per hour at a consistent speed with no elevation, and very little climate use. Kindly please ignore the rated range statistic of 350 or 330.
OK thanks for your response. But can I get upto 250 miles on a speed of 60-65 miles per hour on a near level ground with little hill no mountain?

OK thanks for your response. But can I get upto 250 miles on a speed of 60-65 miles per hour on a near level ground with little hill no mountain?

Yes, if you were going to drive from 100% - 0%, but you are not going to drive from 100%-0% , you are going to drive from 90% to 20%, on average, for that model of tesla model 3 or Y.

Reactions: tm1v2
Yes, if you were going to drive from 100% - 0%, but you are not going to drive from 100%-0% , you are going to drive from 90% to 20%, on average, for that model of tesla model 3 or Y.
OK. The 250 miles estimate is not all the time. It may be once in 3 months or 3 times in 6 months or 6 times in one year. My wife total daily commute is 15 miles. But once in a while I may decide to go on a long trip.

OK. The 250 miles estimate is not all the time. It may be once in 3 months or 3 times in 6 months or 6 times in one year. My wife total daily commute is 15 miles. But once in a while I may decide to go on a long trip.

OK. The 250 miles estimate is not all the time. It may be once in 3 months or 3 times in 6 months or 6 times in one year. My wife total daily commute is 15 miles. But once in a while I may decide to go on a long trip. So I want to be sure that I will not be disappointed when the road trip calls

It is possible if you really like the car, but not having a charging infrastructure is a struggle, you will need to plan your longer trips very well and if something unexpected happens you could find yourself having to tow the car or looking for some low speed chargers that will take several hours to get you back to drive.

For a short commute and having charge at home it is a excellent car because then you are not depending on the charging infrastructure.

It is possible if you really like the car, but not having a charging infrastructure is a struggle, you will need to plan your longer trips very well and if something unexpected happens you could find yourself having to tow the car or looking for some low speed chargers that will take several hours to get you back to drive.

For a short commute and having charge at home it is a excellent car because then you are not depending on the charging infrastructure.
Thank you for your response. SOMETHING UNEXPECTED UNDERLINE. Please what could that be be? Has anyone experience immediate battery drainage unexpectedly while on the highway? What could possibly happen? Your kind response would be appreciated. Thanks