Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can Tesla service adjust/increase height of VERY HIGH suspension setting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a steep lip from the alley my house backs up to into my garage. My 2013 P85 (w air suspension) did not scrape coming in or out in VERY HIGH suspension setting. 2023 LR in VERY HIGH scrapes when backing out no matter how slow I go, including putting car in neutral and inching down w gravity. Cannot angle car to mitigate as garage opening isnt very wide (individual car-width doors for 3 car garage). Assumed I would have same exact ground clearance in rear given same model with adjustable suspension but obviously not. Can Tesla service tweak the VERY HIGH setting to increase the clearance by a smidge?

I have a steep lip from the alley my house backs up to into my garage. My 2013 P85 (w air suspension) did not scrape coming in or out in VERY HIGH suspension setting. 2023 LR in VERY HIGH scrapes when backing out no matter how slow I go, including putting car in neutral and inching down w gravity. Cannot angle car to mitigate as garage opening isnt very wide (individual car-width doors for 3 car garage). Assumed I would have same exact ground clearance in rear given same model with adjustable suspension but obviously not. Can Tesla service tweak the VERY HIGH setting to increase the clearance by a smidge?
that sucks.. maybe you should get a curb ramp?

that sucks.. maybe you should get a curb ramp?
That's a great idea except I'm in a HOA controlled area of LA and my neighbors are kinda dickish. At my 2nd home in Naples, FL, my neighbors are delightful and happily signed off when I needed a variance from HOA rules on something cosmetic.

Stuck my son outside to tape what was going on and it's hitting the rails on the underside of the car in the middle of the car only in reverse. Clearly caused by the self-leveling suspension adjusting as I back down incline. No issue going into driveway (in drive).

Not a tire guy answer sorry. As I believe the 19’s are 27” diameter and the 21’s are 28.5” diameter could that be your “smidge?”
You sure about that? Google says 21" turbines on 2013 are 27.8" and 19" tempests are 27.7" diameter. Could be wrong as getting data from different websites such as: Wheel and Tire Guide for Tesla Model S, 3, X, and Y.

I am going to mess around today with trying to pull in/out at angle and swapping garages with my wife's Taycan. If neither of those work, going to try raising floor of garage entrance with some raised garage flooring tiles.

That's a great idea except I'm in a HOA controlled area of LA and my neighbors are kinda dickish. At my 2nd home in Naples, FL, my neighbors are delightful and happily signed off when I needed a variance from HOA rules on something cosmetic.

Stuck my son outside to tape what was going on and it's hitting the rails on the underside of the car in the middle of the car only in reverse. Clearly caused by the self-leveling suspension adjusting as I back down incline. No issue going into driveway (in drive).
well thats why i got a Y and put a lift kit on it... the S just didnt have the clearance i needed.. good luck!