Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

C7 Corvette or Used Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you think it's possible to fit two snowboards in the trunk? I was looking for the dimensions of the trunk online but couldn't find anything on it. It looks just large enough to fit two boards. I don't believe there is any roof rack available for the Roadster--correct me if I'm wrong.

Depends on the dimensions of your snowboards. I don't have access to my car right now so can't confirm the length of the trunk, but both ends of the roadster trunk taper in at the corners of the car. Most snowboards do the opposite - thin in the middle and slightly wider at both ends. Vertical dimension of the roadster trunk should be fine for two boards.

You beat me to it. :)

Whenever I go to the track I'm thoroughly disappointed in my Model S (I'm sure the feeling is similar in the roadster although not as bad). Then I begin the drive home and I forget about it after a couple minutes.

So that said, find a roadster and take it for a spin. You'll likely fall in love.
Why are you disappointed in your Model S at the track? It goes quarter mile in 12.4 secs, what's disappointing with that? lol

Depends on the dimensions of your snowboards. I don't have access to my car right now so can't confirm the length of the trunk, but both ends of the roadster trunk taper in at the corners of the car. Most snowboards do the opposite - thin in the middle and slightly wider at both ends. Vertical dimension of the roadster trunk should be fine for two boards.
hmm no matter, I think there are other solutions.

I'm pretty sure that there is a rack that fits on top of the trunk, probably made for the Lotus.
Yes, there is. Once I realized that this car is a Lotus Elise in body, then that opens a world of options. This thread introduced me to boot-bag.com, and just google for "Lotus Elise rack" and many options come up. This isn't really a concern for me anymore given the number of available options.

You need to drive one. I have had over 20 Vettes over the years and the cars are really not comparable. The numbers, yes, but not the feel. Since you have driven the S, you know how much different an electric car is. I too like smaller cars, but they don't compare to larger ones in terms of safety. You have to drive it like you drive a motorcycle-assume nobody sees you. Its low, small, and quiet, living in a world of over sized SUVs. I just had an accident with my bright yellow Elise in which the lady didn't see me, it would have been a lot worse in the Tesla with an extra 1000 pounds. If safely is a big concern, buy the Vette. If you want a truly unique experience without any of the hassles of a gas powered car, buy the roadster.

You need to drive one. I have had over 20 Vettes over the years and the cars are really not comparable. The numbers, yes, but not the feel. Since you have driven the S, you know how much different an electric car is. I too like smaller cars, but they don't compare to larger ones in terms of safety. You have to drive it like you drive a motorcycle-assume nobody sees you. Its low, small, and quiet, living in a world of over sized SUVs. I just had an accident with my bright yellow Elise in which the lady didn't see me, it would have been a lot worse in the Tesla with an extra 1000 pounds. If safely is a big concern, buy the Vette. If you want a truly unique experience without any of the hassles of a gas powered car, buy the roadster.
I'll take the C7 for a spin, though I'm thinking that I won't like the experience if it's loud and obnoxious.

Can't speak to the Corvette. I'm sure it's a nice car but one in which I have no interest. I know reasons for ownership vary among owners, but my primary interest in the Roadster is an environmental one and to support sustainable transportation. Performance of course is important, too. I actually used to drive a Honda S2000, not the fastest car, but a really fun one with incredible handling and a great clutch. I got into the EV game with a LEAF, got a Volt for more range, and have now gone all EV with a Roadster and Model S.

Model S is huge, a much bigger car than what I'd normally drive, but it's very comfortable and is a technophile's dream. Supercharging is a game changer, too.

The Roadster is very spartan but a lot more fun to drive. It's crazy fast off the line, but at higher speeds it feels like it needs a second gear or something for more high speed acceleration. There is no power steering, so you need to provide the power when turning which can be a pain when parking in a tight space. Taking the top off and on is not difficult but it's cumbersome. I'd prefer the convenience of a power top or one arm manual top (e.g. Miata) but the car looks so much nicer with the top down. No convertible top is visible and a great looking carbon fiber roll bar is exposed. Getting in and out if the car take some practice and can become annoying if you make a lot of stops during the day and have to get in and out often. The stock headlights are awful. Get the Xenon upgrade. For daily driving, another consideration is that it gets a lot of attention. I don't know if my orange one exacerbate the issue but every day people stare and gawk or take pictures on their smartphone.

For smartphone features, thankfully we have Mark's wonderful OVMS. It's a low cost and IMHO essential upgrade. It has made my ownership experience so much better.

Overall, though, I love the Roadster and think you'd be very happy. I struggle sometime because I want to baby it and keep the miles down. So few were made and helped launch a company I admire. I truly think it will be a collectible one day. Every time I drive it, I have a big smile on my face and feel lucky to own one.

Good of luck with your decision. Choosing between a Corvette and Roadster is an awfully nice decision! :)

I belong to both the Corvette Forum and Tesla & TMC Forums. I have driven Vettes (1988 C4 Convertible & 2010 C6 GS Convertible) for 25 years. I have driven the Roadster & Roadster Sport 2.5 for really good long test drives and loaner periods. I have been driving my Model S P85 since Dec 2012.

I sold the 2010 C6 GrandSport because I knew the new all aluminum 2014 C7 Vette would depreciate it rapidly as it got out. I cried when I sold it, but since I now had the P85, it was easy to do.
I am going to the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance this weekend to enjoy the very best of ICE cars. However the future and value of modern ICE cars, I believe, will diminish rapidly as BEVs like Tesla prevail. The release of the Model X will push this tide higher yet again, and a Tsunami will hit as the Gigafactory goes into production.

If, for the next 4 years, 75% of my driving was done alone at 100+ mph, I would without the slightest hesitation buy the C7 Vette. If that is not the case, and I wanted a daily driver smaller than the Model S, I would buy a used Roadster Sport 2.5 as quickly as possible.

Like stock, significant events will change the Roadster’s value. One such event is the potential news of the new 400 mile battery for the Roadster. This will skyrocket the value of used Roadsters, as they can now take long trips without having to use a Supercharger. Now if the news turns out to be a new 400 mile battery AND Supercharger capable…

As a daily driver consider the commute distance. If the distance one way is 50 miles,that’s about $450 in gas per month. If the distance is 6 miles or less, you have just barely heated up the engine block and oil, so your gas mileage is very poor. Either way, it is a lot of maintenance. Without question the Vette is extremely sexy, very loud, and very fun. I think the 2020 C8 will be an AWD BEV Supercar.

Under110+ mph, the Tesla Roadster Sport is faster, stealthier, gas free, and almost maintenance free.
But the Vette is much much more comfortable for long trips.

So there you go. A qualified and unbiased opinion.

Last edited:
Can't speak to the Corvette. I'm sure it's a nice car but one in which I have no interest. I know reasons for ownership vary among owners, but my primary interest in the Roadster is an environmental one and to support sustainable transportation. Performance of course is important, too. I actually used to drive a Honda S2000, not the fastest car, but a really fun one with incredible handling and a great clutch. I got into the EV game with a LEAF, got a Volt for more range, and have now gone all EV with a Roadster and Model S.

Model S is huge, a much bigger car than what I'd normally drive, but it's very comfortable and is a technophile's dream. Supercharging is a game changer, too.

The Roadster is very spartan but a lot more fun to drive. It's crazy fast off the line, but at higher speeds it feels like it needs a second gear or something for more high speed acceleration. There is no power steering, so you need to provide the power when turning which can be a pain when parking in a tight space. Taking the top off and on is not difficult but it's cumbersome. I'd prefer the convenience of a power top or one arm manual top (e.g. Miata) but the car looks so much nicer with the top down. No convertible top is visible and a great looking carbon fiber roll bar is exposed. Getting in and out if the car take some practice and can become annoying if you make a lot of stops during the day and have to get in and out often. The stock headlights are awful. Get the Xenon upgrade. For daily driving, another consideration is that it gets a lot of attention. I don't know if my orange one exacerbate the issue but every day people stare and gawk or take pictures on their smartphone.

For smartphone features, thankfully we have Mark's wonderful OVMS. It's a low cost and IMHO essential upgrade. It has made my ownership experience so much better.

Overall, though, I love the Roadster and think you'd be very happy. I struggle sometime because I want to baby it and keep the miles down. So few were made and helped launch a company I admire. I truly think it will be a collectible one day. Every time I drive it, I have a big smile on my face and feel lucky to own one.

Good of luck with your decision. Choosing between a Corvette and Roadster is an awfully nice decision! :)
Wow! That's cool that someone created the OVMS. That's one less thing the Model S can claim over the Roadster.

I plan on test driving the C7 tomorrow morning 'just to know' what's available, but... I'm confident that my decision is really between the P85 and the Roadster.

Your comments for the Model S echo my thoughts. It's bigger than I'd like but comfortable and cool. It is a fun car to drive, but in my last two test drives there was something off--I wasn't that excited about the car. I actually (almost...) preferred hopping into my Civic SI because it somehow felt more manageable.

For me, 99.9% of my driving is < 130 miles in a day. Even the local snowboarding resort is 55 miles or 75 miles one way depending on the one I choose--all very attainable with the Roadster's range. If there is the 'need' to go to West Virginia on a several hundred mile snowboarding trip, I could always take the ICE vehicle.

Roadster vs P85 vs C7 is really a decision of values.

1. Size: Too much size is actually a disadvantage for me. As someone who has no plans for kids, I do not value owning a huge vehicle. I do not need to carry around lots of stuff and don't 99.99% of the time.
2. Acceleration: I like to enjoy life, what can I say? :) I love the G's--every last fraction of one. However, I only travel from 0-80mph, so the C7's top speed acceleration is irrelevant to me. Clearly, I'm going for the 2.0 or 2.5 version of the Roadster.
3. Sustainability: the C7 seems to me like a really good model of the past. I'll find out tomorrow.

There are more, but those seem to be the biggest for me.

I know that I would also love the Roadster, and I'm sure I would share your desire to baby it and keep the miles down. This is a car that I can (am/have?) fall(en) in love with.

I belong to both the Corvette Forum and Tesla & TMC Forums. I have driven Vettes (1988 C4 Convertible & 2010 C6 GS Convertible) for 25 years. I have driven the Roadster & Roadster Sport 2.5 for really good long test drives and loaner periods. I have been driving my Model S P85 since Dec 2012.

I sold the 2010 C6 GrandSport because I knew the new all aluminum 2014 C7 Vette would depreciate it rapidly as it got out. I cried when I sold it, but since I now had the P85, it was easy to do.
I am going to the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance this weekend to enjoy the very best of ICE cars. However the future and value of modern ICE cars, I believe, will diminish rapidly as BEVs like Tesla prevail. The release of the Model X will push this tide higher yet again, and a Tsunami will hit as the Gigafactory goes into production.

If, for the next 4 years, 75% of my driving was done alone at 100+ mph, I would without the slightest hesitation buy the C7 Vette. If that is not the case, and I wanted a daily driver smaller than the Model S, I would buy a used Roadster Sport 2.5 as quickly as possible.

Like stock, significant events will change the Roadster’s value. One such event is the potential news of the new 400 mile battery for the Roadster. This will skyrocket the value of used Roadsters, as they can now take long trips without having to use a Supercharger. Now if the news turns out to be a new 400 mile battery AND Supercharger capable…

As a daily driver consider the commute distance. If the distance one way is 50 miles,that’s about $450 in gas per month. If the distance is 6 miles or less, you have just barely heated up the engine block and oil, so your gas mileage is very poor. Either way, it is a lot of maintenance. Without question the Vette is extremely sexy, very loud, and very fun. I think the 2020 C8 will be an AWD BEV Supercar.

Under110+ mph, the Tesla Roadster Sport is faster, stealthier, gas free, and almost maintenance free.
But the Vette is much much more comfortable for long trips.

So there you go. A qualified and unbiased opinion.
Thank you VERY much for your review as you are indeed the perfect reviewer.

The fact that Tesla is (hopefully) releasing a new battery pack with extended range is a HUGE plus for me buying a Roadster--though not necessary. I just hope I can find the right one before then! ahh the sense of urgency ;) I'm sold on this car and I love it! :cool:

The Roadster is a true sports car. No frills and not super comfortable if you are taller on long trips. It is a blast to drive though. The P85+ while much bigger is amazing and should definitely handle better than a Civic.

It's funny to read the posts with all the Vette hating. Look, I love Tesla and their cars. You don't have to bash other cars in order to make a Tesla seem better. Two different vehicles.

The new C7 Vette is very nice. Chevy has addressed many issues regarding interior quality and styling. The C7 is reliable, very fast and for what it is, it also gets pretty darn good gas mileage too. The reviews have been very positive and consistently so.

I have never owned a Tesla Roadster but I have owned a Lotus Elise. The Elise is a great car that is fun to drive. It's like a go-kart on the street. I imagine the Roadster to be much the same. The problem with the Elise (and the Roadster) is that it's not very easy to get in and out of the car. I always had to roll back the canvas roof in order to get in or out. Of course when it's nice out, it's not a problem and you can just leave the top stowed. But if it's raining - or snowing it's just a nuisance. I believe the Vette would be much easier to live with on a daily basis. More storage, more refined.

If the Roadster was based on the Lotus Evora - it might be a different story.

Don't feel bad about choosing the C7 Vette.

I didn't feel any vette bashing here at all. You did read posters saying they were biased to the Roadster right? This is a "Tesla Electric Car" forum. But I see you have many ICE vehicles from your sig and avatar, hence where your view rooted from.

Now back to the thread, my friend almost bought a C7. However he was curious about all my facebook posts, so he inquired about my Roadster I was so proud of. After some email exchanges and Q&A he confidently bought one on Ebay, without even taking a test drive. It was a CPO Roadster a person sold since they needed more space and moved to the S. So it had the fresh Tesla warranty so it was a great deal. Well that was a year ago and my friend is now one of those happy facebook posters commenting only good things about his Roadster. His and mine are daily commuters.

I drive mine 70 miles round trip daily and personally wouldn't want any other car in the world. I honestly regret being in or driving in any ICE vehicle afterwards. For me they don't come close to comparison. I love driving a convertible without stinky exhaust fumes. Drives along the ocean or through the Redwoods with the top off are a total dream.

Best advice is to test drive both and you'll instantly know which one is for you.

FYI the Roadster is only about 8% Lotus, so the Evora comment is coming out of left field. The tub is longer and wider than the Elise so its more like the Evora if you want to put it that way. The Evora has the same "tub" extruded aluminum design. Tesla utilized the brakes, wishbone/suspension components, tub extrusion design (modified: wider, longer, lower sills) and the airbags / interior parts to get to market in time with their concept.

Anyways, there's lots you can do to the Roadster to customize it. I put on Nitron adjustable shocks on, a tighter steering rack, better brake pads, and HID lights. It rides like a magic carpet around turns and I feel very safe in it. I use to ride sport bike/crotch rockets so I have that be seen / aggressive driving mentality. I always want and setup multiple exit points in traffic in case someone does something unexpected. I also shoot for open pockets away from the "congestion" in traffic. With the Roadster nobody has the quick snap of instant acceleration this car offers so acceleration is my godsend. Its really my commuting vehicle savior. Also I like the small footprint as compared to the Model-S. Making it nimble in traffic. Again I have to say wouldn't want any other vehicle, especially after I dialed it in.

Take one for a drive and let us all know how you felt between the two. If you need space, passenger capacity, and a smoother ride look at the Model-S if you want to go electric.

As for getting in and out, its odd at first but you get use to it and it becomes natural. I'm 6' tall, 170lbs. The Lotus Elise seats are more "cupped" than the Roadsters. The Roadster seats are wider and don't have the cup where your ass sits. Also the "Tub" sill is lower in the Roadster so that in itself makes getting in and out way easier than the Elise. If the top had to be rolled off to get in and out of an Elise, there was a big issue with fitment I have to say. I got into one myself and didn't need to roll anything away. It actually had true race seats more "cupped" than the Elise stock. It was an Exige track car. Point is there's a technique to get in and out and effortless once you find it.

Last edited:
The C7 has little or no sound damping to save weight and the engine is very loud. You will develop hearing problems within 5 years.
Baloney. Gibberish.
If you leave for work in the morning and accelerate down your street as fast as the C7 or Roadster will accelerate, the C7 will wake up all your neighbors and they'll think you're an a-hole.
That's true. The noise level when putting around is ... very much not the noise level when you floor it.
C7 maintenance is very costly even if nothing goes wrong.
Also gibberish. If nothing goes wrong, you're talking $100 oil changes ever 7k miles (the first few will be free). Routine maintenance doesn't really kick in until around 40k miles, and it's measured in the hundreds of dollars. The vette would be around 1.5x maintenance on any ICE car (vs. an Accord or some such), mostly from the higher cost of synthetic oil.

In addition, Corvette drinks gasoline like it has shares in OPEC
False. Silly good mileage for a ICE of that performance envelope (29mpg highway). Of course, gas costs a lot more than electrons. And, like all ICE vehicles, mileage completely tanks if you start actually using the power.[/quote]

AND Roadster qualifies for all HOV lanes so you get to breeze by in traffic.
State specific, but yeah. If you're in the right state.
Corvette will depreciate significantly with time, while Roadster most likely will retain some value as it was a limited production vehicle.
Not a sure thing, but a very very likely thing. The Corvette WILL depreciate significantly with time, the only question is how the Roadster will do. And so far it's doing decently.

I didn't feel any vette bashing here at all. You did read posters saying they were biased to the Roadster right? This is a "Tesla Electric Car" forum. But I see you have many ICE vehicles from your sig and avatar, hence where your view rooted from. Are you sure you're logged into the right forum? Just checking.

Now back to the thread, my friend almost bought a C7. However he was curious about all my facebook posts, so he inquired about my Roadster I was so proud of. After some email exchanges and Q&A he confidently bought one on Ebay, without even taking a test driving. It was a CPO Roadster a person sold since they needed more space and moved to the S. So it had the fresh Tesla warranty so it was a great deal. Well that was a year ago and my friend is now one of those happy facebook posters commenting only good things about his Roadster. His and mine are daily commuters.

I drive mine 70 miles round trip daily and personally wouldn't want any other car in the world. I honestly regret being in or driving in any ICE vehicle afterwards. For me they don't come close to comparison. I love driving a convertible without stinky exhaust fumes. Drives along the ocean or through the Redwoods with the top off are a total dream.

Best advice is to test drive both and you'll instantly know which one is for you.

FYI the Roadster is only about 8% Lotus, so the Evora comment is coming out of left field. The tub is longer and wider than the Elise so its more like the Evora if you want to put it that way.

Anyways, there's lots you can do to the Roadster to customize it. I put on Nitron adjustable shocks on, a tighter steering rack, better brake pads, and HID lights. It rides like a magic carpet around turns and I feel very safe in it. I use to ride sport bike/crotch rockets so I have that be seen / aggressive driving mentality. I always want and setup multiple exit points in traffic in case someone does something unexpected. I also shoot for open pockets away from the "congestion" in traffic. With the Roadster nobody has the quick snap of instant acceleration this car offers so acceleration is my godsend. Its really my commuting vehicle savior. Again wouldn't want any other vehicle, especially after I dialed it in.

Take one for a drive and let us all know how you felt between the two.

As for getting in and out, its odd at first but you get use to it and it becomes natural. I'm 6' tall, 170lbs. The Lotus Elise seats are more "cupped" than the Roadsters. The Roadster seats are wider and don't have the cup where your ass sits. Also the "Tub" sill is lower in the Roadster so that in itself makes getting in and out way easier than the Elise.

Hating/Bashing in the form of mis-information and exaggeration. Maintenance is not expensive. Sound proofing is present and reasonable. Gas mileage is very good.

My view is not rooted from any pre-conceived notion. My next car will undoubtably be a Tesla - so please don't try to pigeon-hole me or type cast me as something I'm not. As an engineer, I admire efficient and well-designed vehicles and can appreciate the current crop of efficient ICE vehicles as well as these amazing cars from Tesla. I am logged into the right forum and I only wanted to help set the record straight. And please save the snark and ICE owner condescension.

The Roadster shares much with the Lotus Elise - particularly in general overall dimensions and I don't think it's unreasonable to say that when it comes to room and creature comforts that there's a big difference between the two cars. Is the Roadster easier to get in and out of compared to the Elise? Yeah, but only marginally. All you need to do is watch a video of someone getting in and out of both cars for comparison. Of course, when you love a car it's only natural to minimize deficits. If you live in Southern CA - ingress and egress become less of an issue because you can leave the top off most of the time.

I don't plan to buy a C7 Vette - but some of the comments on here were just total exaggerations. The C7 Vette is good value for the money. It gets great mileage for the performance you get. The upcoming C7 ZO6 may well be one of the last, great ICE sport cars we see.

The OP may very well indeed prefer the Roadster over the C7. No big deal. It is a personal thing and choosing one car over the other need not diminish the other. I was only trying to provide a balanced viewpoint.

Here's a video inside the C7 while at the track, sounds pretty loud to me, but I'm biased to a quiet electric motor. It comes into the video at approx 1 min:

Here's a Tesla Roadster on the track, more wind noise than anything:

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't pigeon hole anyone. I stated my view knowing the Elise and the Roadster and what I observed. Also 8% is 8% and rather slim of 100%. Yes both the Roadster and Elise are low to the ground, and if you're buying a sports car it'll be low to the ground so yes that's similar. Also just made an observation, you have all ICE cars in your sigs, so it calls to one's attention. I usually see EV sigs in this forum hence wondering if this was the right forum. I'm not a sig person myself. Everyone's opinion is a valuable one and hope I didn't offend.

I think the C7 is a great car and would love to experience it on the track. As a commuter and on the streets, not so much interested. And the inside of the C7 still looks like a Chevy (boxy and fixed). Although the Roadster has the typical Lotus look, its unique in its own way and simple which I like. I never liked tall center consoles, had one in my Pontiac Fiero and its just odd.

The C7 also gets 17MPG in the city, hence the gasoline comment by the other poster and not all really that economical in that area. But what ICE vehicle is unless its a Smart Car.

Most importantly you'll love not going to the gas station when owning an electric. God I hate that place! Last time I put 12 gallons in my Jeep Rubicon it was over $50! And everyone looked unhappy to say the least and stiff. Ohh and that $50 didn't last long, sheeze. Hence why I have a trailer to haul that thing with my Diesel truck that gets better MPG pulling it! But I must say the MPG on the long highway is impressive in the C7, I read a person got 32 MPG in eco mode so I have to say that's pretty awesome for a 400+ HP ICE.

Also to clarify on structural support/crash worthiness. Carbon Fiber has NO structural support at all in crashes. Its designed to be very very light and extremely rigid for the area it covers. However the CF is the fenders, doors, front crashbox on the Roadster and won't help you at all in a crash (actually it does, it crumbles and absorbs the energy but doesn't restrict it due to being rigid). Its really the high aluminum tub rails / rigid aluminum frame that is the pure protection in the Roadster. Here's a clip from Mike Maloney's Roadster that was hit head on, he was going 25-30MPH, they were going 50-60MPH. At those combined speeds this shows you its crash worthiness:

Mike Maloney's roadster totalled

Tesla-Wreck-Mike-Maloney.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The Roadster IS significantly easier to fet in/out of that the Elise. Yes it takes a little practice but it's not hard.

I have a C6 and yes, it is more comfortable than the Roadster. With a stock exhaust it isn't loud at all. Fuel mileage is surprisingly good on the highway. But I bought it for the track; I'd rather drive the Roadster on the street.

Also to clarify on structural support/crash worthiness. Carbon Fiber has NO structural support at all in crashes. Its designed to be very very light and extremely rigid for the area covers. However the CF is the fenders, doors, front crashbox on the Roadster and won't help you at all in a crash. Its really the high aluminum tub rails / rigid aluminum frame that is the pure protection in the Roadster. Here's a clip from Mike Maloney's Roadster that was hit head on, he was going 25-30MPH, they were going 50-60MPH. At those combined speeds this shows you its crash worthiness:

Mike Maloney's roadster totalled

View attachment 56653

Did Mike Maloney get hurt seriously in this accident?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok fine. I read that Mike was ok in this accident.

Mike Maloney in Horrible Car Crash with Tesla - GoldSilver.com

Nice to see that the Roadster is a safe car.

Gas mileage is very good... It is a personal thing and choosing one car over the other need not diminish the other.

EPA's 17 mpg city is "very good"? Yikes. I like my Tesla because getting to the speed limit fast is not speeding and doing it silently is unbelievable. I hate attracting attention to myself and if drove a Vette the way I drive my car I'd be considered a yahoo and pulled over by the cops (a lot more). And I'd never get the EPA's 17mpg. Probably not even close.

It is a personal thing and choosing one car over the other need not diminish the other.

I read the thread and only see people stating facts about each car. If stating facts diminishes one car then so be it. I don't see it as bashing at all. It's hard to compare things without criticizing those things one does not like. That's not diminishing the other. That's simply calling it like it is. Plus, what do you expect from a Tesla forum? If the OP posted this same question on a Corvette forum, can someone please post the link? That'd be a fun read.

- - - Updated - - -

Ouch... that looks ugly... (well not in the upper left corner ;) )

...I have a C6 and yes, it is more comfortable than the Roadster. With a stock exhaust it isn't loud at all.

hcsharp said:
The C7 has little or no sound damping to save weight and the engine is very loud.
Baloney. Gibberish.
...The noise level when putting around is ... very much not the noise level when you floor it.
I respectfully disagree wrt the noise when "putting around." Even GM stated that they reduced weight in part by eliminating non-essential sound deadening material. It's mainly a track car. My wife and I were in a parking lot recently where a new C7 was circling around looking for a place to park. It was far, far louder than any other car or truck that came in or out. My wife found it quite obnoxious. I'm hearing impaired so it made it impossible for me to converse with anybody.

You're right about the gas mileage being very good for a car of that size and performance level. But if you drive it very hard (why wouldn't you?) then it drinks gas. Taking it easy on the highway it's only marginally better than your average SUV.

Just because we don't agree on everything about the Vette doesn't mean we're bashing it. Were all allowed, and encouraged here on TMC to voice our different opinions.

EDIT: Wikipedia for the win on the differences between Roadster models!

Is there any place where I can read about the difference in the models of the Roadster? From what I've seen, there is a 1.5, 2.0, and 2.5. Where can I find the options that were offered?

Another source I found great when I was looking for my Roadster was this thread:

Roadster History North America