Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bugs on Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will do that moving forward for sure.

In the meantime, should I feel safe about trying clay on the cone to knock off the stubborn post-wash remains? I don't want to damage the surface. New to cone-washing and clay! Thanks.
I've had no issues using clay on the nose cone.

I did find that there was one splat that hasn't come completely clean off the nose cone after today's wash. It's only visible from some angles and with the right lighting, but there's still something there and clay didn't do the trick for that particular splat. Not sure what I'll try next.

Everything else came off the hood and front end with my base wash (microfiber mitt) and no special additional cloths or cleaners. I'm sure that having waxed it not long before the drive helped keep the bugs from sticking around for long.

I've had no issues using clay on the nose cone.

I did find that there was one splat that hasn't come completely clean off the nose cone after today's wash. It's only visible from some angles and with the right lighting, but there's still something there and clay didn't do the trick for that particular splat. Not sure what I'll try next.

Everything else came off the hood and front end with my base wash (microfiber mitt) and no special additional cloths or cleaners. I'm sure that having waxed it not long before the drive helped keep the bugs from sticking around for long.

Thanks. Ended up trying clay to attack the bug remains on the cone. A big one I couldn't do anything about. Feels baked in. Likely waited too long. Car is at SC today for another minor thing. Advisor kindly offered to have their detailer look at it. I'll see tonight.

Baked-in bug :eek: I have a clay bar kit so I'll give it a go but mine's pretty minor (I actually haven't been noticing it during washings). I think it's slight damage to the plastic -- either a really surprised bumble bee I hit straight on at speed, or a rock. Not that I'm any less in love but I think I'm getting a bit less anxious about attempting to maintain absolute perfection. It's a car, after all, and I need to use it as such and stuff happens on roads and in parking lots.

I agree with getting bugs and esp. bird poop :cursing: removed as quickly as possible, but to be honest I always feel a bit anxious when I use any cloth (even a fresh good micro fiber, but that's just me) on an unwashed finish, but you gotta do what you gotta do, especially with da poo.