Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bug removal, front bumper, how often

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a two pen touch-up. First pen is a primer, the second matches the paint. Just an Amazon purchase. The chips are small enough I wasn’t too concerned about how perfect the paint was. Worked great.

What are these very small black dots that get on your car even when you aren’t driving and are very hard to remove, come back from 1 week vacation and have 10-15 of these all over my car and saw them as I washed the car

Takes a lot of scrubbing to get them off

Attachments

• IMG_0672.jpeg
    IMG_0672.jpeg
    814.3 KB · Views: 5
What are these very small black dots that get on your car even when you aren’t driving and are very hard to remove, come back from 1 week vacation and have 10-15 of these all over my car and saw them as I washed the car

Takes a lot of scrubbing to get them off

It's hard to know for sure, but I suspect 3 possible things:

1) Iron fallout - the dark spots could be little pieces of iron that landed on your car's paint. An iron fallout remover, such as Carpro's IronX, should help remove these spots. First wash your car to get as much dirt off as you can. Then apply Iron-X. If the spots are iron particles, then the Iron-X should make the spots turn purple and help dissolve them.

2) Tar - the spots could be little bits of tar, in which case a Tar remover such as Stoner's Tarminator should help remove them.

3) Fungus - finally, the spots could be little bits of fungus. If you park your car within 25 feet of mulch or other vegetation where the fungus grows, the fungus spores can land on your car's paint.

Here is a brief post on how to remove fungus spores from your car's paint:

Good luck!
Joe

Reactions: fredjan and mgs333