Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you planning to introduce a set of rotors for the Model S? Any idea on the price point compared to Mustang/Camaro?

I'm still planning to proceed with this, but I have a few other projects taking up my time at the moment. Based on initial measurements, I would guess the cost will be ~$100 higher based on additional material cost. I'll probably have a set testing by Spring.

I'm still planning to proceed with this, but I have a few other projects taking up my time at the moment. Based on initial measurements, I would guess the cost will be ~$100 higher based on additional material cost. I'll probably have a set testing by Spring.

Thanks ... please keep us updated.
I wonder if BMW rotors could be adapted based on the same bolt pattern and wheel offset as Tesla? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

If you need a hot weather tester, let me know: P90D with Ludicrous, and regularly partake of high energy, high temperature stops. (21" wheels, in case that matters.)

However electro-mechianically rear brake still rely on the "hydraulic" system to stop the car.

I still don't get this. The parking/emergency brake has NO hydraulics of which I am aware. While I've never taken one apart, the caliper sounds like it's simply spinning a gear to clamp on to the rear rotors via two 12-volt motors, one for each rear wheel. Is there more to it? Frankly, works great, lasts a long time--why would you life to go back to a rear drum brake for this application? It sounds like going back in time with both far more complexity, and greatly reduced system effectiveness, no?