Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm going to be odering a Plaid S and I'm requesting opinions of anyone who has the track pack ceramic brake upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everybody,. Anyone know if you can specify tires other than slicks with the Track Pack? my Plaid should be delivered in a few weeks and I want the upgraded brakes but I don’t plan on taking the car on a track. I would certainly keep the wheels that are included in the track pack, but with street tires.

Hello everybody,. Anyone know if you can specify tires other than slicks with the Track Pack? my Plaid should be delivered in a few weeks and I want the upgraded brakes but I don’t plan on taking the car on a track. I would certainly keep the wheels that are included in the track pack, but with street tires.
You get your choice of Goodyear supercar 3r, or the Goodyear supercar 3r.

• Funny
Reactions: Predation
Do yourself a favor and skip their track package wheels/tires. Get a nice set of lightweight 20" forged wheels and whatever tires you like. I went with non-oem PS 4S tires on 20" wheels in track package sizes and I'm very happy with them so far.

Reactions: Sam1
As mentioned just get the CCB.
I friend and I ordered at the same time. I ordered CCB and he a complete package (although I recommended just CCB). Mine was on in 2 months he had to wrestle with the service center to install CCB and give him the rims while waiting for the tires. His CCB was installed after 4 months (they wanted to wait for the tires) and 7 months later he is still without the tires.
I got a set of forged 20x10.5+40 22 pounds square setup to install 285/35/20 PS 4S.

Reactions: xEvoLveDx
The carbon/ceramic brakes are great! When I checked in at the Barber Motorsports Park outside Birmingham AL, there was another Model S driver there, who said he attempted to run there (2.3 miles, 17 turns), but his stock brakes overheated after 1 lap. I was able to run 4-5 30-minute time slots daily with NO noticeable brake fade.

Reactions: xEvoLveDx