Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor MPP Development of Model S Plaid - All brake/suspension upgrades to date!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what we love to hear! Glad you're enjoying it, and that you're noticing that massive difference in front-end response and feedback!

Looks like the alignment shop did a good job too, that's great to see. And as you've noticed, they had no problem removing some camber - so you can either add or remove camber with our links, all based on your preferences.
I haven't driven one of the new Model Ss but the one that I drove a number of years back was ponderous, sluggish and unresponsive. How does your tricked out Model Plaid compare at least in terms of handling with a similarly equipped Performance Model 3 like the one that we have with all of your suspension bits? We can't even use all the performance in our measly Performance Model 3 so I can't imagine how anyone could really use the performance of The Plaid on the street without getting into trouble.

I haven't driven one of the new Model Ss but the one that I drove a number of years back was ponderous, sluggish and unresponsive. How does your tricked out Model Plaid compare at least in terms of handling with a similarly equipped Performance Model 3 like the one that we have with all of your suspension bits? We can't even use all the performance in our measly Performance Model 3 so I can't imagine how anyone could really use the performance of The Plaid on the street without getting into trouble.
It is miles better than how the Plaid comes from the factory, but when compared to the Model 3, you can't really overcome the ~1000lb weight difference. As far as raw speed and lap time, a tricked-out Plaid will pretty much always win, but the M3P takes the cake when it comes to driving enjoyment.

There are many photos of crashed Plaids already, so I imagine that other people are having a little trouble using its performance on the street!

• Informative
Reactions: dfwatt
It is miles better than how the Plaid comes from the factory, but when compared to the Model 3, you can't really overcome the ~1000lb weight difference. As far as raw speed and lap time, a tricked-out Plaid will pretty much always win, but the M3P takes the cake when it comes to driving enjoyment.

There are many photos of crashed Plaids already, so I imagine that other people are having a little trouble using its performance on the street!
That's what we love about our Model 3. They are just so responsive. Turn in is just amazing and the car feels like an extension of you in a way that I have not experienced in a street car. Each of the major modifications (lightweight forged wheels, wider tires, lower control arm bushings, and then the superb adjustable MPP kits) made a difference but the overall combination is literally transformative. Even my wife who is no Car Junkie like me absolutely loves the way the car handles. And when you go to drive virtually any other car it feels like a barge by comparison.

That's what we love about our Model 3. They are just so responsive. Turn in is just amazing and the car feels like an extension of you in a way that I have not experienced in a street car. Each of the major modifications (lightweight forged wheels, wider tires, lower control arm bushings, and then the superb adjustable MPP kits) made a difference but the overall combination is literally transformative. Even my wife who is no Car Junkie like me absolutely loves the way the car handles. And when you go to drive virtually any other car it feels like a barge by comparison.
Don’t knock the barge until you’ve tried it :)

Reactions: dfwatt
Part 2

We can only add 10 attachments to the original post, so here are some new parts to update this thread!

1664982520653.png

Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arms For Model S Plaid

These are the 3rd piece of the rear geometry puzzle, allowing you to both increase and decrease rear camber in conjunction with our trailing arms. These are very easy to access and adjust while on an alignment rack. Having easy and precise camber adjustment is critical, whether your goal is to improve tire wear or improve handling for performance driving. Yes, those two things are contradictory and you'll either need to choose one, or compromise on both!

Below is a diagram (and in fact the partial model we used to analyze the suspension geometry through the full range of motion) to help you better understand which arm goes where. The naming can certainly be confusing!

1664984686563.png

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

1664985045824.png

We have also updated our Solid Front Lower Bearings for Tesla Model S Plaid to have a dropdown option for press tools at the request of our customers. We highly recommend ordering them with press tools to make your life and your technician's life easier. If you are going to a shop or MPP installer that has the tools, feel free to forgo that option!

We have more parts in the works right now and will continue updating everyone here :)

Reactions: tom @ eas
I just upgraded to a Plaid from the Model 3 Performance. They are both very good, but the power in the Plaid is on a completely different level. It's just brutal. The handling isn't as crisp, but it does grip like crazy through the corners with those 295 tires!

@MountainPass - this is what my suspension looks like on very high. Front left is almost always 8mm lower per these readings on any suspension setting.

Can you post what the oem should be please
That's absolutely normal. I wouldn't pay too much attention to those readings because unless you're parked on a laser-leveled surface, they will never be perfectly even. 10mm or more of ride height difference is totally fine!

Also, even when you lower the car, those readings stay the same, since the car adjusts the suspension until the height sensors match the software targets. The lowering links just trick the height sensors.
Not true if you have actually removed the air suspension system as MPP has done. There's no way the car can adjust anything at that point.

I’m going to be replacing my brake fluid this weekend. Took a look at the service manual for the procedure and it says to bleed FL, FR, RL, RR - in that sequence. That’s odd - I always thought starting farthest to closest (from he reservoir) was the way to go.

what say you @MountainPass and others?
We bled them in the usual farthest to closest order and nothing bad happened!

Reactions: MFrunkerOG