Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Apps for Iphone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there, picking up my car next week! First time Tesla owner.
Looking ahead to downloading some apps. Specifically, I want to be able to look at efficiency, usage, climate control, and preconditioning the car. Even more than that, I want apple watch control for locking, unlocking, etc. I heard the Nikola app developer on a recent podcast and the app sounded great. I'm wondering tho if it has any functionality beyond what is already offered in the Tesla Stats app. The stats is a one time fee, and the nikola app is a monthly (or yearly) subscription. Can anyone offer any comparison of the two? What other apps should i be looking at?

i bought the stats app couple of days ago. bit the bullet and paid the $24 or whatever it was. it gives a ton of stats and info, but i like the widget having more controls than the tesla app as well as telling me if a door is opened. I specifically bought it to unlock the car in the garage with my watch when i don't have my phone on me but looks like a future update will solve that issue as well.

Reactions: empiredown
What's the stat app??

Search either the Google Play store or Apple App Store for “Stats” and it should come up. You give it access to your car and it’ll pull all sorts of interesting data and give you access to controls for remote access/scheduling.

Here’s their website. I’ve been using it on both my cars for about a year now. Great app for Tesla owners.

https://www.maadotaa.com/

Reactions: empiredown
Stats FTW!

image.jpg

ß

I am going to bow out of this conversation. I read your initial post too quickly before realizing you already knew about the Nikola app. I follow the developer on Twitter and respect how he thinks about the app https://davidhodge.net/ Stats seems to be a favorite. Another you can consider is TezLab I recommend you try them all and use which ever one you discover you interact with more often. All my early battery data was in an app that is no longer supported so I lost the desire to catalog degredation. Although I have downloaded and tried several I don’t use any apps anymore due to my own negligence. Pick the one that satisfies your itch.