Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Degradation Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scan my tesla calculates the charge cycles by dividing the total energy by the current nominal full pack. Hence 2205.

IRL, the nominal full pack has been somewhere around the middle of the full pack when new and the nominal full pack today, so in these terms a slightly lower cycle number.
(Researchers use the FCE, which mostly use the initial capacity as the reference.)

The above just for reference. That pack probably has been in the car since new (total energy / driven miles) so it is impressive).
How? I’ve never heard of an hv battery lasting for this many miles. And then when you combine the early mileage failures well documented on this site it seems impossible that is the original pack. Every instance I’ve seen of the original owner putting major miles on an s has been accompanied with at least 1 but usually 2 to 3 packs

Do you actually make money doing that?
That's a relative question... college just got back into town so daily income is anywhere from $220 to maybe $350. So similar to my IT work for a local dentist in a small town.
With the Prius I was spending about $20 a day in gas. Now I'm down to about $5 in electric. I can see $500/month so far in the better with the Tesla, half from fuel, half from Uber EV incentives. But the Tesla came in at more than 3 times the Prius initial cost and so far I haven't had a month where I haven't been putting more than $500 into Tesla parts.

How? I’ve never heard of an hv battery lasting for this many miles. And then when you combine the early mileage failures well documented on this site it seems impossible that is the original pack. Every instance I’ve seen of the original owner putting major miles on an s has been accompanied with at least 1 but usually 2 to 3 packs
If you take the total charged energy for
AC charge + DC charge on the pack (not sure that that number really resets when the battery is changed but from the memory I have seen others with a low numbers after a battery change*) that equals about 380Wh/mi.

This battery has only about 10% DC charging so it has been handled quite nice.

*) Not completely sure so a caviat for remembering wrong.

If you take the total charged energy for
AC charge + DC charge on the pack (not sure that that number really resets when the battery is changed but from the memory I have seen others with a low numbers after a battery change*) that equals about 380Wh/mi.

This battery has only about 10% DC charging so it has been handled quite nice.

*) Not completely sure so a caviat for remembering wrong.
This number always resets (changes) with swap as it's provided by BMS board which is inside each battery, so it always reflects current battery's life.

Reactions: AAKEE