Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot lane keeping still not available over 6 months after delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So someone taking fairly early delivery (I'm not quite there yet), could have impregnated his wife in the backseat (or been impregnated by her husband in the backseat), the baby could have been carried to full-term, delivered, and now home from the hospital (or wherever it was delivered), being oohed and ahhed over by friends and relatives in less time than Tesla has taken to release a feature many of us thought was coming with our cars.

Let's hope the feature is released before this hypothetical kid starts school!

You're too optimistic.

Let's hope the feature is released before the hypothetical kid grows in to a hypothetical pregnant adult!

Someone in EAP got it,

Someone who isn't EAP also got it.

Not sure, but these are the fb pics

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442598409.184032.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442598427.414188.jpg

As much as I hope and wish that it in fact V7 is rolling out, I am willing to bet that this a redux of the same issue we saw when the initial build when out. This firmware is accidentally getting pushed to non EAP vehicles and in about 6 hours those vehicles will be downgraded to 6.2

Someone in EAP got it,

Someone who isn't EAP also got it.

Not sure, but these are the fb pics

View attachment 94615
View attachment 94616

Wait a minute. How can P42444 have AutoPilot features??

For reference, mine is P63084 and is the first P85D delivered on TMC (delivery date was 12/12/2014, production date 11/25/2014).

So I don't see how P42444 also has AutoPilot hardware since the most time it could have been built before mine is 2 months. What gives??

For reference, mine is P63084 and is the first P85D delivered on TMC (delivery date was 12/12/2014, production date 11/25/2014).

So I don't see how P42444 also has AutoPilot hardware since the most time it could have been built before mine is 2 months. What gives??

There are some P85s (or was it P85+s?) with AP.

Those two pics are from two different cars. The red car said "Me too" when the other one leaked the screenshot and Early Access Email. He now know he shouldn't have...

I don't know about the red car, maybe the same thing or an error.

Remember, they started putting autopilot hardware on the cars BEFORE the D launch event which itself was before the first P85D deliveries, there should be a couple of months of cars with autopilot before the P85Ds came along.

Yes I'm well aware of that, which is why I said:

I don't see how P42444 also has AutoPilot hardware since the most time it could have been built before mine is 2 months.

Anyway, my question was answered in the 7.0 beta thread: the screenshots are from 2 different cars (#961). Solved!