Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopark?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same thing for autopark?

Autopark is an EAP / FSD feature. What comes with AP / EAP / FSD is described by Tesla here:
(bold emphasis mine)

============================================

(relevant text follows)

Autopilot is a suite of driver assistance features that comes standard with the purchase of a new car or can be purchased after delivery, and brings new functionality to your Tesla that makes driving safer and less stressful. Available Autopilot features differ based on model, trim and model year. Available packages include:

Autopilot​

Autopilot includes the following functionality and features:
  • Traffic-Aware Cruise Control: Matches the speed of your car to that of the surrounding traffic
  • Autosteer: Assists in steering within a clearly marked lane, and uses traffic-aware cruise control

Enhanced Autopilot​

In addition to the functionality and features of Autopilot, Enhanced Autopilot also includes:
  • Navigate on Autopilot: Actively guides your car from a highway’s on-ramp to off-ramp, including suggesting lane changes, navigating interchanges, automatically engaging the turn signal and taking the correct exit.
  • Auto Lane Change: Assists in moving to an adjacent lane on the highway when Autosteer is engaged.
  • Autopark: Helps automatically parallel or perpendicular park your car, with a single touch.
  • Summon: Moves your car in and out of a tight space using the mobile app or key.
  • Smart Summon: Your car will navigate more complex environments and parking spaces, maneuvering around objects as necessary to come find you in a parking lot.

Full Self-Driving Capability

Your vehicle will be able to drive itself almost anywhere with minimal driver intervention and will continuously improve. In addition to the functionality and features of Autopilot and Enhanced Autopilot, Full Self-Driving Capability also includes:
  • Autosteer on City Streets
  • Traffic and Stop Sign Control: Identifies stop signs and traffic lights and automatically slows your car to a stop on approach, with your active supervision
The currently enabled Autopilot, Enhanced Autopilot and Full Self-Driving features require active driver supervision and do not make the vehicle autonomous. Full autonomy will be dependent on achieving reliability far in excess of human drivers as demonstrated by billions of miles of experience, as well as regulatory approval, which may take longer in some jurisdictions. As Tesla’s Autopilot, Enhanced Autopilot and Full Self-Driving capabilities evolve, your car will be continuously upgraded through over-the-air software updates.

EAP or FSD are required to have summon and autopark.

HOWEVER, the latest cars 2023+ without parking sensors still have those features disabled, even if you have EAP or FSD. There is no ETA as to when their function will be restored.

So, if I order a 2024 M3 which has no sensors, there's no summon and auto park features if I'm reading this correctly. Then how do they get away with listing the features on the ordering website under the $6k Enhanced Autopilot option? Am I missing something here?

So, if I order a 2024 M3 which has no sensors, there's no summon and auto park features if I'm reading this correctly. Then how do they get away with listing the features on the ordering website under the $6k Enhanced Autopilot option? Am I missing something here?

You read it correctly.

Because it's a promise. You have to prove that they won't ever fill it forever.

You just have to wait a little longer, preferably before your premature death.

EAP or FSD are required to have summon and autopark.

HOWEVER, the latest cars 2023+ without parking sensors still have those features disabled, even if you have EAP or FSD. There is no ETA as to when their function will be restored.
Bummer. I was really looking forward to that. How disappointing. What's particularly annoying is I saw no mention that the car I got didn't have it (or I missed that which is entirely possible.).

You read it correctly.

Because it's a promise. You have to prove that they won't ever fill it forever.

You just have to wait a little longer, preferably before your premature death.
Basically, anyone who purchases EAP on a late model Tesla Model Y is simply investing in the hope that a once existing feature might be brought back from the dead at some future, unnamed date. In the meantime, Elon laughs all the way to the bank.