Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Tilt Mirror Won't Set

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
im pretty sure it saves it. Put the car into drive. Then reverse. then change the tilt setting. Then save profile.
I too thought is saved but every time now it's looking too far down. I'd prefer to have settings than a view of the pavement .. it's different for 6' people vs 5'. My old cars had save-able setting for reverse as well as non-reverse. Of course they also had HomeLink (since 1986) so I could open the garage door.

I too thought is saved but every time now it's looking too far down. I'd prefer to have settings than a view of the pavement .. it's different for 6' people vs 5'. My old cars had save-able setting for reverse as well as non-reverse. Of course they also had HomeLink (since 1986) so I could open the garage door.

Hi, I was the thread starter and it worried me that I couldn't see the rear left wheel when reverse parking (in Aus). I'm not sure if you're aware that the problem has been partially fixed (to my satisfaction anyway) by the fact that when selecting reverse, two smaller views appear under the reversing camera view. This clearly shows the gutter and rear wheel position when parking.

Reactions: R.C.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 4.45.24 pm.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 4.45.24 pm.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Interestingly enough, I've only just realised the same issue coming across this thread.
My mirrors don't auto tilt down when shifting in reverse either.

Doing a quick search of the MY manual, it shows the functionality is available

However, looks like the save button doesn't work
It does work but won't save in a low enough position to be of assistance when reverse parking.