Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto-Raise Air Suspension Hack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if anyone experienced this. Getting in and out of the Model S in a tight garage, when you can only open the driver's door partially has its challenges. Since the vehicle sits low, exiting the car even with easy entry, can be difficult as you try to weave your legs from a stretched-out seating position through the door opening and stand up from a crouched height. I'm not mobility challenged, but I suspect many of us older clients may have witnessed this situation, like getting out of a low chair. A clever solution is to simply auto-raise the suspension at your home garage, if your MS has this built in feature. This allows you to exit the vehicle much easier from a raised position. So, it's not just for high curbs, steep inclines, or rough pavement for the auto raise settings. Just wanted to share this with the TMC community; your comments would be appreciated.

Not sure if anyone experienced this. Getting in and out of the Model S in a tight garage, when you can only open the driver's door partially has its challenges. Since the vehicle sits low, exiting the car even with easy entry, can be difficult as you try to weave your legs from a stretched-out seating position through the door opening and stand up from a crouched height. I'm not mobility challenged, but I suspect many of us older clients may have witnessed this situation, like getting out of a low chair. A clever solution is to simply auto-raise the suspension at your home garage, if your MS has this built in feature. This allows you to exit the vehicle much easier from a raised position. So, it's not just for high curbs, steep inclines, or rough pavement for the auto raise settings. Just wanted to share this with the TMC community; your comments would be appreciated.
I've had an MS for 5 years but have never thought to do this. Thank you.

Reactions: aerodyne and mm9351
It would be nice if you could save the positionof the suspension in the driver profile.
I find it easier to get in the car in the lowest setting, but my wife prefers the highest suspension setting…
So who wins when you're both in the car? As I evaluate whether to upgrade from my MY to the S the option to change in suspension is attractive since my handicapped daughter would need the car low but my wife would want it higher. I don't care. And it's unusual for both to be in the car together.
How easy is it to change the height as needed?

So who wins when you're both in the car? As I evaluate whether to upgrade from my MY to the S the option to change in suspension is attractive since my handicapped daughter would need the car low but my wife would want it higher. I don't care. And it's unusual for both to be in the car together.
How easy is it to change the height as needed?
Just press a virtual button and that is about it. Or move a virtual slider. Super easy to do and I do it all the time to accommodate what passengers I have in the car. My child likes it low as easier to get in but my wife likes it higher.

Reactions: mm9351 and aronth5
Thanks and appreciate all the inputs. Perhaps Tesla will consider a future software update to automatically raise or lower suspension height anytime or anywhere it's set to park and save it to your profile. Even in situations when you can fully open your doors, exiting and entering the vehicle from a raised height is somewhat easier from an ergonomics standpoint. Anyone who is familiar with a Model X, Y, or any SUV for that matter most likely agree that it's generally easier to enter and exit as compared to lower platforms. The Model Y is essentially a "raised" Model 3, and the difference is even more pronounced on the M3P. In addition, for those who prefer a lower suspension setting, this "parking height preference" would be a welcome improvement. Call it a 'win-win.'