Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Dialing 911

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driving home this evening, tree fell directly in front of me, blocking the road, bringing power lines along with it.

Was horrible thunderstorm with low vis, so was already driving manually and below speed limit so avoiding was simple, happened maybe 100' in front of me.

I texted my GF when I got home and she said "Did your Tesla call 911 or did you?"

Which made me laugh, feature request: When you see a tree fall in front of the car, dial 911 to report to the police"

Funny in the grand scheme. In reality, OnStar auto-called when it sensed an accident (not 911, but an emergency call center). Not sure the Tesla has this baked in, don't think it does, my Subaru had this too.

Reactions: APotatoGod
My buddy got into a crash with airbag deployment with his. Shortly after Tesla called him and asked if he needed an ambulance. (The on file number for the account).

They also send out an email to the nearby SC and apparently others notifying them of the crash. When he called the SC they already knew about it, and every detail. I assume from the cameras and telemetry. I'd bet the car blasts off details about the crash right after the airbags pop.

• Informative
Reactions: captanzuelo