Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can the power wall handle 2 phase as well? Or is it just one or three phase?
Assuming you're talking about the wall connector, not the powerwall

If you're on 2 phase SWER then you'll only be able to charge off one of the phases, because 2 phase is normally 480V split phase.

But if you've got 2 phases out of a standard 3 phase circuit then you'll be able to connect it to both phases to balance the load.

But in both cases you'll max out at around 7.6kW because the Tesla can either charge at 32A single phase or 16A two phase / three phase - ie 32x1 or 16x2

Reactions: RichY3
1000031463.jpg

Reactions: JAthano
You're very patient. I'd have demanded they repay the NL company and walked away after what they did to you.
Honestly I've been so close to an outright cancellation many times. Along with some other work-related injustices that occurred late last year, I was at my wits end.

My wife kept me in check. She reminded me were getting the car for the family, it's a long term investment for them (we only had tiny hatchbacks before this) and the wait is nothing compared to the 5+ years of a new car.