Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is accelerating the production of MY Juniper. It’s expected to be available mid 2024 now. Juniper is getting new battery system improving mileage by 20%. Since I jumped off GC and re-ordered my MY LR late November, I went back in the queue and don’t have my VIN yet. If I am given the EDD of March / April, I will wait for Juniper.

Tesla is accelerating the production of MY Juniper. It’s expected to be available mid 2024 now. Juniper is getting new battery system improving mileage by 20%. Since I jumped off GC and re-ordered my MY LR late November, I went back in the queue and don’t have my VIN yet. If I am given the EDD of March / April, I will wait for Juniper.
Sounds like a solid plan as long as AU is one of the first markets to get them.
If you are in a position to wait, go for it.

Just remember all of this is pure rumour. The same talk was going around over 12 months ago about the new Model 3 along with the same timeframe predictions and 90% of it turned out to be completely wrong.

Tesla Shanghai also came out and said that
Tesla is accelerating the production of MY Juniper. It’s expected to be available mid 2024 now
was not true.

Doesn't mean it won't happen, but I'd just caution if you put your hope in these rumours you are likely to end up bitterly disappointed.

Reactions: Goneincognito
I just checked in with Tesla.
My new VIN PC36##### was built 26/12/23.
It will travel on the RoRo MORNING CRYSTAL which is currently doing circles off the coast of Shanghai waiting for a berth.
An updated invoice (important for NSW customers to get their rebates) is supposed to come through before 01/01/24 but they weren't definite about that.
Fingers, toes, arms, legs and eyes crossed that it makes it through this time...
Nope, it's too uncomfortable a position. I'll just have to wait and see.

It will travel on the RoRo MORNING CRYSTAL which is currently doing circles off the coast of Shanghai waiting for a berth.
An updated invoice (important for NSW customers to get their rebates) is supposed to come through before 01/01/24 but they weren't definite about that.
Fingers, toes, arms, legs and eyes crossed that it makes it through this time...
Awesome news!
Looks like it's expected to dock later today.

Yes!
Thank you for your patience, we are pleased to advise that we have reassigned a new Model Y to your order, with a current earlier estimated arrival. Once available we will reissue a final invoice with updated vehicle details, if financing your purchase please ensure you share this with your lender.

In light of these delays and their impact to your purchasing experience with us, we will include complimentary Enhanced Autopilot for 6 months, which will be activated within 10 days of taking delivery.

We’d like to thank you for your continued patience and apologise for any inconvenience which may have been caused by these continued delays.

Reactions: cafz
Dang this is making me anxious…. What if the new invoice doesnt come before Jan 1….

For anyone else in the same situation where the novatetlease company has started taking payments, I rang the support line to ask if I can be reassigned a new vehicle like others in here to help my sticky situation, they said they have a team specifically looking at customers in this exact situation and will be reaching out within a week or so

Fingers crossed something actually happens

For anyone else in the same situation where the novatetlease company has started taking payments, I rang the support line to ask if I can be reassigned a new vehicle like others in here to help my sticky situation, they said they have a team specifically looking at customers in this exact situation and will be reaching out within a week or so

Fingers crossed something actually happens
Thank you. I have not been reassigned and it's quite frustrating to have no communication on it.