Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Summarising my Tesla experience so far:

Ordered 23 Aug, estimated delivery window: Aug-Sep 2023

23 Aug to 12 Oct, no communications received. At the start of October the delivery window went blank in the app. ~10 October it updated to say Oct-Dec

12 Oct, VIN and final invoice received. Vehicle manufactured Sep 2023

1 Nov, receive an email saying there will be a delay due to a biosecurity issue. EDD updated to 16 Nov - 7 Dec

7 Dec, EDD updated to 11 Dec - 1 Jan

12 Dec, receive email saying further delays

25 Dec, EDD updated to 6-27 Feb

27 Dec, EDD updated to 6-23 Feb. Emailed saying further delays but we will aim to reassign you a different vehicle to get you something sooner. VIN in the app is now different (and not registered in Aus yet). No offer of 6mo EAP

Someone's reachedout...and Drive has listened...not sure if it's going to change anything.
Screenshot_20231229-101610_Chrome.jpg

The Daily Mail posted an article yesterday afternoon so they have probably picked it up from that.

The comments in this article are ok for now but the ones in the DM article are just awesome.
These artists should have nailed Tesla for disrespecting AU/NZ biosecurity measures and when these issues arise customers should be compensated for all the hardships encountered and the lengths customers go through adjusting their daily lives. And point towards Tesla for these debacles.

hardships encountered
We all exaggerate a smidgen here... loving it! They should rename the thread to the "GC support group" and we can all hold hands and out compete each other with ever more exaggerated claims of demise at the hands of tesla/stinkbugs.

Life is pretty good if a delay on a new car amounts to a "hardship"...

Elon Musk recently said the charging network itself can be a multi billion dollar company. Now every EV producing companies are going to Tesla chargers and North America making it the gold standard for future charging. As old saying goes if you can't beat them join them and that's exactly what's happening. So have we made the wrong choices. With millions of successful deliveries made we're just a droplet in the ocean.

I am also on GC boat.

My marriage may not last this delay as I sold our 2nd car in mid September based on the end September edd...

I don't know what to do here... it's either a new wife or a new car and given my mileage and condition I am unlikely to do as well as a trade in on the divorcee market...

Anyone else had luck securing an expediated model3 delivery? I was going to changeover to both a y and 3 regardless, but staggered the delivery to get the announced new m3.

Also, does tesla have a track record of converting outstanding orders to new models assuming the minimally upgraded model y soon becomes available?
Sounds like your marriage is safe...that's a good sign.