Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday. They said via email “As the delay is not under our control, we are unable to provide any compensation, we are just working to find a solution to get you behind the wheel as soon as possible.” They also said the batteries would be fine as the cars were in low power mode.
I don’t think I was offered EAP as I had already purchased it as an option.
Well that kinda makes sense...
Why would they give you 6 months of something you have already got?

The EAP is to be honest, the most placid offer from Tesla. Not that I'm ungrateful but the EAP features are mostly gimmicks, except perhaps the auto lane change.
I'm not too fussed. I think that some points on their app would be best, then we can use it to exchange for some supercharger use, a few months of premium connectivity, or EAP, etc...

I wonder if Tesla are actually hoping that we'll all cancel our orders.
In a way, that would actually help them.
Soon as we cancel, we're no longer a PR nightmare, they don't have to scramble to fix the problem and they can sell the cars to other folk saying that they'll be delivered in March.
Sure, they'll lose our business, but after all that (hasn't?) happened, that's now on the cards anyway.
My order was placed in August and I was sent the "we'll look for another car" email, not the EAP offer.

There's around half a billion dollars in sales on that ship. Pretty sure they wouldn't want you all to cancel!

Reactions: Jules22
So I just visited Tesla parramatta and spoke to a sales rep. He said the next ship with Model Y’s is expected to arrive in Australia by the end of January and delivery from Feb.

Those who ordered early with a VIN is expected to have a new VIN assign in the coming weeks with a build date of late Sept/Oct.

He also mentioned Tesla will no longer be using GC vessel in the future after this whole debacle. So we can all expect a different ship for our Model Y’s on the next batch and hopefully this time it doesn’t get caught up with quarantine .

So I just visited Tesla parramatta and spoke to a sales rep. He said the next ship with Model Y’s is expected to arrive in Australia by the end of January and delivery from Feb.

Those who ordered early with a VIN is expected to have a new VIN assign in the coming weeks with a build date of late Sept/Oct.

He also mentioned Tesla will no longer be using GC vessel in the future after this whole debacle. So we can all expect a different ship for our Model Y’s on the next batch and hopefully this time it doesn’t get caught up with quarantine .
According to my current assigned VIN, my car already has a late September build date.

Reactions: thecasualplaya
yeah my car on the GC had a build date of 25 Sept so i think there turning the cars around from the GC when it arrives otherwise we would most likly get cars with a build date Oct Nov DEC depending on production schedules.

and with a end Jan arrival that gives them time to return them.

hopefully no issues with biosecurity this time around

The EAP is to be honest, the most placid offer from Tesla. Not that I'm ungrateful but the EAP features are mostly gimmicks, except perhaps the auto lane change.
I'm not too fussed. I think that some points on their app would be best, then we can use it to exchange for some supercharger use, a few months of premium connectivity, or EAP, etc...
Exactly 12 months ago Tesla decided to give all owners who didn't have it, a month free of EAP whether you wanted it or not. My experience was mainly limited to using it on a Sydney - Melbourne return trip using the Hume Hwy, and I preferred the car without it using just the bog standard "autopilot". The auto lane change was ok if there was little traffic around but my preference was to have the car without it.