Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I finally collected my Model 3 this morning from Alexandria.

Lots of cars in storage, ready to be picked up.
Couldn't see anything wrong with mine, so very happy.

I hope everyone else gets their REALLY soon
IMG_2437.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2438.jpeg
    IMG_2438.jpeg
    502.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
So I finally collected my Model 3 this morning from Alexandria.
Lots of cars in storage, ready to be picked up.
Could see anything wrong with mine, so very happy.
I hope everyone else gets their REALLY soon
View attachment 1012655
You have to come here to take delivery or just that you happened to roam around the garage?

I thought the one of the service agents will do everything and present you with a fully charged and pre-delivery inspect everything at the store front.

You have to come here to take delivery or just that you happened to roam around the garage?

I thought the one of the service agents will do everything and present you with a fully charged and pre-delivery inspect everything at the store front.
Yeah I had to come here to collect. They walk you to car, connect the app and then leave you to check it all over before accepting and driving off.

Background: before the child seat tether dramas, there was a fair bit of speculation here as to whether orders placed for delivery at the (small) Chatswood DC would be disadvantaged (delayed) when it comes time to arrange delivery. I spoke (by SMS) to the Tesla team and asked to have my delivery re-directed to Alexandria (main Sydney DC - seen in some pix just up the thread a bit).

When I visited the showroom today (looking to see just how much tint is on the side windows of Highland cars - answer is 'not much'), I asked the SA to check and confirm that my order has been re-directed to Alexandria.

He told me that the change has been made, but also explained that even if they hadn't updated my order, the delivery would likely be re-assigned to Alexandria in any case. They have 'thousands' of cars to deliver in the next month or so (Model Y backlog from the stink-ship dramas, Model 3 backlog from the child seat tether delays). He opined that they will need to allocate many (most?) Sydney deliveries to Alexandria to get through the backlog.

Reactions: PcS000 and dronus
Getting the whole car ppf'd or just the front? I was quoted $3500 for full front ppf, Graphene coating, ceramic tints inc full rear window and interior protection
Bought PPF from Paintguard ($900) doing full front and Adams Graphene Coating ($300) from Detail store and I'm installing myself. My tint was included as part of my lease and being done in a few weeks.

Bought PPF from Paintguard ($900) doing full front and Adams Graphene Coating ($300) from Detail store and I'm installing myself. My tint was included as part of my lease and being done in a few weeks.
This makes perfect sense. PPF and ceramic are not that hard to DIY if you are little bit patient and prepare yourselves with couple of videos and stocked yourselves with inexpensive tools and consumables.

Reactions: dronus and MacTessy
I happened to be in Tesla Alexandria this arvo, and asked the question: are the cars on Paganella built with correct parcel shelf, or do they require re-work. SA could only answer that 'we aren't given that information'. I'm hoping your speculation is correct!
I will be quite disappointed and looking to sell my Tesla shares if this company seriously built a car with a defective part on the same day they shipped the repair parts from the same factory to Australia to repair said defective parts 😂 not impossible, but let’s hope they didn’t do that

For all these people doing pickups of their Highland (lucky people) - have you been using the checklists that were shared around over the last few months? Or are people just signing and driving off because they're so excited to finally own the best car in the world?
Definitely checking everything. Had the driver's side rear seat not pushed in all the way on the clips. Easy fix, but not something I'd want to be doing myself on a brand new car.

And there was a dusty boot print on the rear seat on the other side (another trivial fix). I reckon they delivered close to 200 cars today from Alexandria. Not surprising small details may be missed.

Interestingly, I was told it was the same parcel shelf, and the cut a hole in it. Contrary to other reports in here. Likely I just got told whatever to get me out of the waiting room and over to the car to hit the accept button.

My car was 58% at Alexandria. They were saying they had *sugar* chargers (maybe just overloaded with the number of cars). So plan around that possibility if you have a long drive home, or make a special request when the SA contacts you.

I will be quite disappointed and looking to sell my Tesla shares if this company seriously built a car with a defective part on the same day they shipped the repair parts from the same factory to Australia to repair said defective parts 😂 not impossible, but let’s hope they didn’t do that
It is not that simple. Manufacturing process change is way beyond any one person's imagination. Any minor change is a trigger for butterfly effect.

Reactions: moa999 and dronus