Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The way the paint becomes a mirror again after a quick wash is extremely satisfying. I'm currently doing a weekly foam pressure wash, rinse and hand dry that takes maybe 30-45mins and I love the result. Although might drop to bi-weekly soon 😅
I washed my car with soapy warm water on the weekend.
First time ive ever done that.
Worked pretty well i think.

• Love
Reactions: divstar and Tesl3on
Yeah I tend to have to put a few PSI in all corners when the weather starts to turn cold, then a few more when the really cold nights first hit.
Happy to report that after putting in about 6psi to each tyre the warnings have all gone, and it might be placebo but the car seems to drive better also, feels snappier and bit more sure-footed.

• Love
Reactions: Tesl3on
Dam, so I suppose I have lost my chance for tesl3on to wash it
This is mine. Ohh wait…

IMG_9478.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Tesl3on
I recall reading about maps and routing on the Tesla use different providers, is that correct?

Driving home from work, there are new roads near Sydney airport, which appear correctly on the map itself, but the blue line guiding me home doesn't know about it.

This would eventually be part of a software or map update, yeah?

Reactions: dronus
I recall reading about maps and routing on the Tesla use different providers, is that correct?

Driving home from work, there are new roads near Sydney airport, which appear correctly on the map itself, but the blue line guiding me home doesn't know about it.

This would eventually be part of a software or map update, yeah?
I’ve been led astray a couple of times now where the maps hasn’t worked something out.
This is one from the other day. I was picking someone up from the Marion train station but it sent me down The Parade West which is a dead end road.

IMG_9862.jpeg

I’m not sure how traffic rerouting is set up either. It was standstill today after work and I was routing to the jolt charger for my free topup but it didn’t offer any alternative routes until I took a side street.

Reactions: Jules22 and edy80y
I wash my car once a week, generally on Sunday, almost without exception. The car is rarely so dirty that it takes long to clean. If you leave the dirt and fallout too long it binds to the paint and the scrubbing needed to remove it causes scratches.
Most people I talk to who “hate to wash their car” leave it a long time between washes and if I did that I would agree with them as it takes up to 3 times longer.
I don’t particularly enjoy the process but I enjoy the after effect.

If you leave the dirt and fallout too long it binds to the paint and the scrubbing needed to remove it causes scratches.

I had my car ceramic coated a couple of days after purchase which seems to prevent that happening. It still cleans easily. I might need to have the coating redone after 5 years, though, I can’t remember how long it’s supposed to last.