Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else had issues with their centre console sliding mechanism ? It seems my cup holder cover doesn’t align with the back piece. And my front cover seemed to have jammed up and got stuck when I tried to press it to return to its original position. Logged a case with Tesla service for tomorrow. Only got my yesterday but issue came up in the noon

Attachments

• IMG_0035.jpeg
    IMG_0035.jpeg
    569 KB · Views: 5
Anyone else had issues with their centre console sliding mechanism ? It seems my cup holder cover doesn’t align with the back piece. And my front cover seemed to have jammed up and got stuck when I tried to press it to return to its original position. Logged a case with Tesla service for tomorrow. Only got my yesterday but issue came up in the noon
Nah mines spot on.
They should be able to fix that lickity split

Reactions: Jules22
IMG_0165~2.jpg

Has anyone else seen this so far? I upgraded to the latest software release a couple of nights ago and since then, my car at some point starts calling this "Unknown" number. Its actually not a call from what I can see. The cancel touch button doesn't work on the screen and the only way I can get rid fo this by calling an actual number through my mobile. The music app stops working as well of course.

View attachment 1040539

Has anyone else seen this so far? I upgraded to the latest software release a couple of nights ago and since then, my car at some point starts calling this "Unknown" number. Its actually not a call from what I can see. The cancel touch button doesn't work on the screen and the only way I can get rid fo this by calling an actual number through my mobile. The music app stops working as well of course.
Are you using Waze?

Are you using Waze?
No, I'm not but it was bluetooth connected to my Pixel (Android) phone at the time and we were navigating (using Tesla's inbuilt app) back home at the time. Interestingly, I tested it with an old iPhone device this morning and it worked just fine, but the moment I connect my Android device, this pops up again. My best guess is that it is trying to communicate with the Android device for something to do with navigation but not why and if this is indeed the case?

Reactions: dronus
No, I'm not but it was bluetooth connected to my Pixel (Android) phone at the time and we were navigating (using Tesla's inbuilt app) back home at the time. Interestingly, I tested it with an old iPhone device this morning and it worked just fine, but the moment I connect my Android device, this pops up again. My best guess is that it is trying to communicate with the Android device for something to do with navigation but not why and if this is indeed the case?
Yeah I’m not sure about android but on my iPhone running Waze when there is a notification like roadworks or revenue raisers ahead it makes a “Bluetooth phone call” which sounds exactly as you describe

Transitioning from ICE to EV, I've come to depend heavily on the technology. Today, I've encountered instances where the turning light goes green, but not the main lights. Had "chime on green light" on and yup, I wasn't looking and went ahead to the chime, luckily no accident. This got me thinking and worry that FSD might not work in Australia due to these traffic light complexities.

Transitioning from ICE to EV, I've come to depend heavily on the technology. Today, I've encountered instances where the turning light goes green, but not the main lights. Had "chime on green light" on and yup, I wasn't looking and went ahead to the chime, luckily no accident. This got me thinking and worry that FSD might not work in Australia due to these traffic light complexities.
Always got to check and be in control. Dont depend on the technology. I’ve heard the chime go on turning signal too but I’ve never just gone, that’s how accident happen.
Even if I do have a green light I check to see if a truck is running the red light.

Reactions: AusMar and Quickst
This got me thinking and worry that FSD might not work in Australia due to these traffic light complexities.
You are absolutely correct that the US version of FSD won't work in Australia due to traffic light complexities, amongst other many other things.

US traffic lights tend not to use turn arrows like we do (although I have seen arrows occasionally over there). They put the lights over the lanes they apply to instead. The FSD visualisation on the screen just shows circles instead of arrows (although the visualisation doesn't necessarily mean anything).

There will be all sorts of differences that need to be individually trained over here, which is believed to have been happening for some time now. Nobody outside of Tesla seems to have any idea how advanced that is at this point in time.