Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Austin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have ya'll seen on the Tesla website that there is a gallery planned in Austin?
Nothing so far on Dallas :(

Here is a shot of the Tesla store in the Domain in Austin being prepped. My buddy sent me this yesterday:

64966_393404484087356_316043237_n.jpg

Congrats! I just got delivery confirmation of my blue perfomance model coming in mid march. Maybe you could direct me to a good electrician? I called Austin Energy and they referred me to their plug in partners who will install a 240 system and get a rebate on 50%, but then tesla sent out a Mr. Electric rep and I also have my solar install guy recommending another. I am a newbie to this whole thing and see you have done this before with the roadster. Would love some help

Congrats! I just got delivery confirmation of my blue perfomance model coming in mid march. Maybe you could direct me to a good electrician? I called Austin Energy and they referred me to their plug in partners who will install a 240 system and get a rebate on 50%, but then tesla sent out a Mr. Electric rep and I also have my solar install guy recommending another. I am a newbie to this whole thing and see you have done this before with the roadster. Would love some help

I had great experience with Grayzer Electric. I didn't tell him it was an EV, but instead said I wanted a NEMA 14-50 for a RV (recreational vehicle) which would visit regularly - I was concerned that there might be an EV 'premium'... YMMV.

- - - Updated - - -

I really need/want a supercharger somewhere between Austin and Dallas. Any clues on when the Texas Triad would be available?

Got the call this morning and the car was delivered to me at around 3pm today - 2/17/13.

Sequence #11,281 - VIN 5284 - 85 kWh, Blue Exterior, Tan Interior, Obeche Wood Matte, 19" Wheels, Tech Package, Sound Package, Pano Roof, Air Suspension, Paint Armor, Twin Chargers

08/17/12 : Reservation
01/07/13 : Pre-MVPA Signed
01/21/13 : Delivery Button
02/05/13 - 02/19/13 : Delivery Window
02/17/13 : Delivered

Congrats! Do you have a photo yet? :)

Just returned from Austin today. The Austin Service Center now has an HPWC, and although it may not be running at full strength, I was able to charge at 47 miles per hours which is the fastest I've been able to charge so far. Lots of cars there and a large truck left as I was charging that was heading to Houston, so there should be some happy campers tonight! Even after the truck left, they still had the temporary side lot full:

DSC07379s.jpg

Last edited:
I am heading to Bastrop for a conference and want to stay downtown for the night. It looks like there are several charging stations in the area, so I should not have too much a problem. I have Blink and Chargepoint cards, but does anyone have any suggestions as to:

- hotels with charging capabilities
- which chargers to seek/avoid
- any other pearls

Thanks in advance.
WJ

PS - may stay at the Omni or the Hampton Inn, but most likely the Driskill.

I am heading to Bastrop for a conference and want to stay downtown for the night. It looks like there are several charging stations in the area, so I should not have too much a problem. I have Blink and Chargepoint cards, but does anyone have any suggestions as to:

- hotels with charging capabilities
- which chargers to seek/avoid
- any other pearls

Thanks in advance.
WJ

PS - may stay at the Omni or the Hampton Inn, but most likely the Driskill.

The Hilton downtown Austin should have an EVSE (30A J1772) but call first to double check. If you have time, swing by the Domain Tesla gallery ('store') and there is a HPWC, a NEMA 14-50 outlet and a Roadster HPC there for use. You could top up and eat dinner there maybe and that would make finding a hotel with charging less of an issue.