Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you reserving at the reveal, at a store, or online?

Reserving at the reveal, at a store, or online?

• Reserving at the reveal

Votes: 16 3.4%
  • Reserving at a store

Votes: 302 63.7%
  • Reserving online

Votes: 156 32.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those doubting there will be lines:

I emailed my local store manager (Vancouver) for a friend who is making a reservation about whether reservations would be taken at the service centre as well as the store. This was her response:...

>I would recommend you not come to the store.

>It will be absolute chaos.

She expects it to be so busy that she is actively trying to keep people away and do it online. Can't wait for the media coverage of this!

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

Well here's one Leaf owner that's bowing out. Why bother queuing up to try to reserve a car when thousands of existing owners can waltz in whenever and get in front of you with a reservation. May as well wait and see how they track to meeting delivery estimates or whether there's delays. Wait until they start shipping and then if they've achieved their proposed production capacity you will only have to wait a couple of months to take delivery anyway.
Pretty obvious really. Regardless of how many folks in your region who already own a Model S, you will still at least be somewhere on the list.
By not reserving you guarantee that you be right there at the end.
The reservation only lets you order - not get delivery

All the stores/galleries in Florida show up on the map directly linked through the official Model 3 reservation post on the main Tesla Motors website, so we should all be good. On the map, it even lists them as Store/Gallery so not sure where on the site it would indicate there is a difference.

Lines at stores, seriously?? there wont be any lines come on folks this isn't an iPhone. They'll make a few thousand reservations and have a few hundred people across their stores on day 1. Believe it or not most people don't even know about the model 3 and car buying is remotely different to cell phone buying.
I agree. I bet a lot of people don't even know what is Tesla, or haven't even think about an electric car.

+1; Sadly most people are still very... very... very.... VERY ignorant about EVs in general.

One idiot at work just plopped down $47k on some POS ICE. Another co-worker whined that there aren't any EVs that would allow you to drive 300 miles. I told him that the volt would be perfect if that's his concern. He scoffed and said, 'The volt doesn't have 300 miles of range'; So even with a plug-in hybrid that's been around for ~5 years there are still a lot of highly 'educated' people that are completely oblivious to their existence...

People still confuse the X for the 3. I still get the 'It was supposed to be $35k but now its $140k'.... NO; those are different cars... the X was never going to be $35k. I STILL get 'What kind of car is that?'... when I respond 'Tesla'; I STILL get who makes it?... when I respond 'Tesla'; I STILL get the side ways look of 'who?'....

I think some peoples knowledge of the outside world is limited to what Fox News decides to show them... Welcome to 'merca :crying:
Not necessarily that people are stupid or ignorant. Different people are just inside their own bubble in terms of interests, news, and what they are into in general. Some people have a very diverse knowledge of what's going on around the world, kind of knowing a bit of everything. Some people know a lot about just a few things and don't care to explore outside of their world.

On the flip side of the coin, I bet we all would be laughed at by the music people on whoever supposedly famous DJ that we don't know anything about. It is all relative, and depends on what perspective you look at.

Not necessarily that people are stupid or ignorant. Different people are just inside their own bubble in terms of interests, news, and what they are into in general. Some people have a very diverse knowledge of what's going on around the world, kind of knowing a bit of everything. Some people know a lot about just a few things and don't care to explore outside of their world.

On the flip side of the coin, I bet we all would be laughed at by the music people on whoever supposedly famous DJ that we don't know anything about. It is all relative, and depends on what perspective you look at.

Agreed ;)

+1; Sadly most people are still very... very... very.... VERY ignorant about EVs in general.

I would agree that is a correct reading of the blog.

However, that is only if Tesla doesn't mean California-centric clock. In a separate e-mail it said 10:00 Pacific Time which means 13:00 New York and night time for the rest of the world in Asia, Australia, and Europe.

That's what I presumed at first but I tweeted the Australian Sales Manager and he confirmed that Australia will be first to reserve. Heath Walker on Twitter
Of course as we are a small RHD market, we will be a long way behind the USA to receive Model 3.

...confirmed that Australia will be first to reserve...

Thanks for sharing.

You are right. That makes perfect sense. It doesn't matter if the rest of the world put in their reservations first, they still have to wait for US production first.

Would you please check what time Australia will start?

In the US, stores would open at their normal hours but they all have to wait until exact time of 10:00 Pacific Time for reservation to start.

So the sequence of worldwide reservation would be according to the sunrise at each locality for the 31st:

Australia
Tokyo
Hong Kong
Europe

THHHHHENNNNNNNN

USA & Canada!!!!

There seems to be a change in policy. Orders will not be taken on the 31st at 10 AM PST, but at 10 AM (or whenever the store opens) at 10 AM local time.

I called my local (Nuremburg, Germany) store to confirm. This was the information I got.

The person said it will be just 10 minutes - and bring your credit card. I asked if they were expecting a crowd. They did not know.

I am expecting a crowd. I am bringing a friend, a friend is coming and bringing a friend. Even if Germany is not so good on Model S sales, my prediction is that there will be 100 reservations in Nuremburg on the 31st.