Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App to help with tracking home charging costs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a MYP and an Easee charger, plus Smart Meter at home.

Are there any apps that will help me track the cost of charging via my home charger, so that we can submit the info to the accountant for the Ltd company? Looking to do it monthly.

The charging stats part of the Tesla app?

IMG_6092.jpeg

Reactions: init6
TeslaFi is what you want. Let me know if you need a referral code. It can track home charges (peak and off peak rates), superchargers and automatically download the correct pricing for them, you can add pricing manually for other charges on the go too. Loads of filters to filter by date, location etc.

TeslaFi cannot track variable time tariffs such as Octopus IO. It can handle tariffs that have a set peak and off peak, but not ones where times vary. It also does not handle tariff rate changes partially well.
I'm on IO, I just set my default home charge rate to 7.5p - it will be very rare if ever that I charge outside of the IO generated window. If I ever did charge on the expensive rate I would just manually edit the cost of that charge.

Getting a meter directly inline with your charge point feed will give most accurate energy results as it would measure energy used by the circuit (ie as billed) rather than various measurements such as supplied to the battery or measured via uncalibrated method such as CT clamp style which are notoriously inaccurate.

Costing on dual rate tariffs a bit more tricky though. I think my meter has multiple registers but needs to be configured. Probably not an option for flexible rates though as per my earlier comment with IO and TeslaFi.

These meters are pretty inexpensive (I think last one I bought was under £20) and would be quite quick for a competent sparky to fit. Whether they would be prepared to ‘dabble’ with the dark arts that is EV charging is another matter.

Reactions: Sonny-Jim