Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone here attending the 2013 electric sociability run?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lanny, this looks awesome :)
You did such a great job last year and again this year supporting the DC roadtrip, that I am going to look into some serious juggling to try to make at least some of this. So thanks, and to anyone thinking about this, you will have a fabulous time!

I am planning on coming as well. Should be a lot of fun. Will there be a more detailed itinerary coming out soon?

Ven Rala,

I'm glad you are coming to the West Virginia EV Sociability Run! We have a detailed planned agenda posted now.

After the 12 mile group drive from Charles Town to Shepherdstown, WV, we are suggesting that Model S drivers continue north to the Hagerstown, MD Superchargers. This is the Level 3 Tour option. There are several points of interest along the Level 3 route including Antietam National Battlefield, Washington County Rural Heritage Museum and of course shopping at the Hagerstown Premium Outlets.

We are gathering at the Solar Array Parking Lot shown in the photo below. It produces enough electricity a year to go nearly 2 million miles. There are 14 Level 2 charging stations there (thanks to a generous EVSE incentive program in the state) so many of us will be driving on sunshine! :smile:

Registration is still open but there are a limited number of spots. WV EV Sociability Run June 7, 2014

highres_358507492.jpe

Just to post here, I signed up! I look forward to seeing many of you again, and this time I have my car so won't have to bum a ride haha!

Almost missed used that this was happening, should make these things easier to find on the forums! Thankfully I was able the hear about it from the DC Owners Tesla Club on Google Plus. See you all there!

Hi everyone, I was really looking forward to the drive and seeing you all, but I will have to just look forward to pix instead - my parents have had some health issues, and they come first.
Love the article, Lanny, and all of you enjoy the weather and take lots of pix!

Hi everyone, I was really looking forward to the drive and seeing you all, but I will have to just look forward to pix instead - my parents have had some health issues, and they come first.
Love the article, Lanny, and all of you enjoy the weather and take lots of pix!

CatB,

We will miss you and wish you and your parents well.

Watch the day unfold with photos being posted on the MDVolt photo album.

Lanny

I hope everybody who came to the WV EV Sociability Run enjoyed it. It was great to see aaron.s, jthompson, Curt, Ven Rala, chickensevil, and everyone else. In the final tally, we had 48 plug in cars that had nearly a million oil-free electric miles among them. That includes 18 Model S and 4 Roadsters including Curt's Signature 100.

For those who couldn't make it there this weekend, there is a great article written by LaurieO up on Transport Evolved that I think captures the spirit of the event from the inside perspective of a participant. Well done Laurie!

Christopher Smith recorded a time-lapse video of the entire 12 mile drive from the middle of the pack. He also took what is my favorite photo of the event which I put at the top of Sociability Run website. There are links to the rest of his photos as well as others on the right-hand column on the site. Thanks to all who participated and helped make the day a great success!

Lanny

Video by Christopher A. Smith​

Last edited by a moderator: