Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone get the Event invite yet? No Word and 1 week away.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I went to the Model Y unveil, I added my +1’s name and email in the form and was confirmed, it sent an email to my +1 asking them to fill out their details, which they did at their leisure and were told the event was full. I had to email Tesla and nicely ask them to add my +1 as I had entered their name before the gate closed. Thankfully they agreed and added them, but it was a bit concerning that they hadn’t reserved 2 spaces for me when I’d clearly entered it.

Same thing happened to me on the Model Y event despite winning two spots. My wife was SOL because she hesitated. I didn't think to e-mail them and ask for an exception.

They must be qualifying the leads if you got the wait list 10 minutes after getting the e-mail. I saw someone on FB who got confirmed after a RSVP an hour out. Guess you and me aren't influential enough. Maybe we posted something that wasn't fanboi enough?

Yes, I am sure there is something else determining who gets in, it may have been less than 10 minutes when I clicked in. I believe they have (2) separate email lists, and we are already on the no go one.....

2nd time it has happened to me, I believe it hit the Y response even sooner than this one, hard for me to believe that wasn't fast enough.

Yes, I am sure there is something else determining who gets in, it may have been less than 10 minutes when I clicked in. I believe they have (2) separate email lists, and we are already on the no go one.....

2nd time it has happened to me, I believe it hit the Y response even sooner than this one, hard for me to believe that wasn't fast enough.

My wife and I have bought six new Teslas over the years, but the last two Model 3s fell through. On one, they tried to deliver it with 8 scratches and one clean through the paint and said they would never fix it. The other was when they gave me one price, but after clarification of a EM tweet, raised the price by $2K (no free AP for the SR model). I think that got us on a verboten list.

Oh well, maybe the prize will roll to the next event. The roadster reveal would be amazing and I am trying to convince my wife to get one. Everyone have a great time on Thursday if you were lucky or important enough.

So wanted to update.
I've been told this by two people, one a Tesla employee.

Unless you were on some magic pre-approved list, EVERYONE else, regardless of how quickly they RSVP'd, got Waitlisted. Tesla is hand-picking who can attend from that point. Since the event is so exclusive and Tesla has so much riding on pulling it off successfully, they are handpicking who would be best suited for the event.
I'd say if this is indeed accurate, it's very bad form.

So wanted to update.
I've been told this by two people, one a Tesla employee.

Unless you were on some magic pre-approved list, EVERYONE else, regardless of how quickly they RSVP'd, got Waitlisted. Tesla is hand-picking who can attend from that point. Since the event is so exclusive and Tesla has so much riding on pulling it off successfully, they are handpicking who would be best suited for the event.
I'd say if this is indeed accurate, it's very bad form.
Definitely not true because I replied immediately and got a confirmation immediately that says nothing about a waitlist

So if we are wait listed and never make it to the invite list, what happens to that award? Does it rollover to the next unveil or will we get something else in exchange (like some free supercharging or some other token gift) for our efforts in ‘selling’ Teslas back then? If nothing comes of it, then it wasn’t much of an award now was it? I wonder...

Reactions: Reeler
That’s such odd behavior. Why send emails to others if you already know the list? What possible outcome were they expecting when they decided to do that? It makes so little sense I’m tempted to not believe it, but reading these forums it seems it might indeed be the case.

That said, if you didn’t get in this time, you’re sure to be invited to the next event (which hopefully is a bit more open).

This is my wife's second attempt to take advantage of her referral prize. She was too late to RSVP last time despite it being only a few hours. This time, she successfully RSVPed, but was wait listed. Both times, the invites only went out a week in advance such that arranging affordable travel was almost impossible.

Some RSVPed 10 minutes after the e-mail and were wait listed. Tesla is screening prize winners to measure their blood-Koolaide levels regardless of timing. There are some that didn't respond for a couple days and weren't wait listed.