Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else have issues with their 2021 refresh Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is exactly right; the angle of my driver’s window was off and mobile service corrected. However, there can also be an issue with the small triangular glass where it meets door seal. Above 70 mph I have wind noise and determined the bottom front edge of glass does not seal against door gasket. If I push the rubber on inside into that corner it changes the noise. So I’m trying to figure out how to adjust. I know some have replaces the triangular window.
Thats easy. Just take the door panel off, take the mirror assembly off, it has 3 bolts all together. and bend the channel part of the mirror that direct the glass in the correct direction to make the triangle be closer to the door gasket. It takes patience to get it right but that will fix your issue.

On the new Plaid and LR, I have already encountered similar manifestations - due to problems with microsd cards (for GW) in the MCU - in 5 cases out of 12 inspected machines, while in 2 of them the card was not installed. Tesla uses 8 GB, it's better to put 32 or 64 - everything works fine
well, they use a 16gb card, and if that card is not installed, the gw will not know or be able to keep track of logs, and config. also, the mcu now has 256gb of ssd build in.
I have 2 of those cards sitting on my desk right now and i ran every test you can think of on them and they are fine. But one of those cars still had the issues above. The problem i found was a can that was grounded by mistake because of it being too tight against a sharp edge of metal in the frunk area. Fixed that, and tightened ground connections and all errors went away.
I have not yet run into a sd card issue as of yet, but i will keep my eyes open for this too. I work on 5 new teslas a week so it will be interesting to see what it turns out to be.

I need a bench car computer from the newer model s or x. if anyone has a trashed car that they are parting out please let me know. i want to figure out how to make config changes on secure partition. there is bound to be a hole somewhere since it is a new system. if anyone has a car computer please let me know.

Thats easy. Just take the door panel off, take the mirror assembly off, it has 3 bolts all together. and bend the channel part of the mirror that direct the glass in the correct direction to make the triangle be closer to the door gasket. It takes patience to get it right but that will fix your issue.
Great, thanks. You are talking 2021+ right? I’ve seen the door panel off, but don’t recall how many bolts. I think the mobile tech found 1 more than he thought. Please let me know where if possible.

Hi everyone. I'm in a tough spot and could use some advice. I had a 2018 Model 3 Performance and now a 2021 Model S (refresh) Long Range. I really, really like the Tesla. I love the technology, the performance, etc., but is everyone else also having problems with their vehicles or do I just have the worst of luck?

My Model 3 Performance had constant electrical issues, from the steering wheel refusing to adjust properly, to the navigation, lane departure, etc. all just dying one day, to even once the whole car died / bricked during a software update and had to be towed in. Soft resets, hard resets, I went through it all, and the last time I brought it in for service Tesla sat on it for two weeks and said they can't find anything wrong with the car so they reset the battery and hopefully the issues won't happen again. Long story short, I filed a lemon law claim and won.

When it came time to turn the lemon Model 3 in, I bit the bullet and bought a brand new 2021 Model S (refresh) long range. At $106k with tax it was nauseatingly expensive, and easily the most expensive car that I ever bought. Then on my way home from picking up the car I tried to turn on the air conditioning (I live in Florida) and it wouldn't work. Instead, I got a warning that said "cabin climate control system requires service - cabin heating / cooling limited or unavailable." Of course, the first service appointment I could get was three weeks later, but to make matters worse on day three of ownership I get a warning that says "safety restraint system fault - service is required." Then on day eleven I get a warning "steering assist reduced - steering may require increased effort." Add to that the first time I charged the car I discovered that the motor on the charging door won't close properly, and I have barely had the car for three weeks!

So, here comes the question. Am I just really, really unlucky, or do many of you have these kinds of problems? When I get rid of this Model S do I bother buying another one, or do I get something like the Porsche Taycan? Any advice / stories of similar experiences would be welcome.
I’ve owned 4 model s vehicles.
2013, 2016, 2017, 2022.
Never had any issues.
I drive 1500 miles / month, 90% on autopilot.
Best car ever! And still improving quarterly

The issue is not the seal. Its how the glass meets the seal. You basically have to open the door panel, loosen the 10mm bolt that holds the glass to the regulator, then slide the glass back and fourth until is perfectly even on the rubber seal when the door is closed. So open door, move glass slightly forward or back, close door slowly, make sure the rubber meets the glass evenly on both sides, open door again, tighten, close, and done.

Thanks!! Are there instructions or a video on how to remove the door panel?

Am I just really, really unlucky, or do many of you have these kinds of problems?

My ownership experience with 2017 Model S is similar: Car would be wonderful, but way too frequently there seems to be a new problem (latest from today). Tesla does not respond to service requests on their mobile app any more and more often than not they just reschedule before the service date to postpone dealing with the outstanding issues they are unable to resolve.

welcome to the club. I had 8 panels that needed to be fixed on a brand new car. Along with a few software issue. You’re thinking why didn’t I reject the delivery? Love the car, but quality is a little short.

Well I was suppose to show up at the factory and pick it up there. Last minute they changed it to be delivered to my home. The genius decided to place the Tesla there blocking my entire driveway so I couldn’t get any of my other cars out. Only way to move the car was to accept delivery on the app…
Lesson learned, don’t hit accept until you double check everything.

I'm having similar problems with my 2021 Model S Plaid. The safety restraint system fault is one. The navigationbl marker drifts far away while I'm driving and show me flying through neighborhood streets when I'm actually on the highway. My front passenger door doesn't close easily. And I have a really loud clicking noise when turning the wheel at low speeds.

This is my 5th Tesla. My others were all fine. This is my first model S and I'm really surprised at how many problems there are in such a short time.

:(
I picked up the Model S Long Range about 12 days ago. I see the "Front Passenger Safety restraint System Fault" with error code RCM2_a064 and the Passenger seat belt sign "Always on". Did Tesla find a solution? I have read that they replaced the safety harness or airbags, and in some cases, it's simply a loose contact under the passenger seat. Just curious how they solved this problem for you.

So far so good with my 21 MSP. Will hit the 1 year mark at the end of September and have driven it over 8k miles. Only issue was with connectivity after a software update 2 days after delivery and most recently, they had to replace the radar unit when autopilot stopped working after 6k miles.

I picked up the Model S Long Range about 12 days ago. I see the "Front Passenger Safety restraint System Fault" with error code RCM2_a064 and the Passenger seat belt sign "Always on". Did Tesla find a solution? I have read that they replaced the safety harness or airbags, and in some cases, it's simply a loose contact under the passenger seat. Just curious how they solved this problem for you.
Taking my car in for the THIRD time to have this fixed.

I have no idea why they are having such a hard time getting it corrected.

IMG_6367.jpeg
IMG_6366.jpeg

Well...I'm not that reactive, car has been a peach and saved my life once or twice, best car ever even with these occasional, relatively minor issues. However, I still plan to let them know I'm not pleased with their inability to nail this one. No way would I try to return it yet. I'll let you know how I feel about it the NEXT time though LOL.

Well...I'm not that reactive, car has been a peach and saved my life once or twice, best car ever even with these occasional, relatively minor issues. However, I still plan to let them know I'm not pleased with their inability to nail this one. No way would I try to return it yet. I'll let you know how I feel about it the NEXT time though LOL.
If in 12 weeks of ownership, the car has been at the body shop for 6 weeks , delivered with Summer Tires in New England, 3 panels and doors repainted, multiple parts replaced….and the nearest service center is a 1 hour drive, patience is being tested as all I think is, what’s next?