Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone delaying until January?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While this proposed law seems like it will stifle sales short term, this will probably not adversely affect Tesla, as there still will be enough buyers wanting a Tesla now, at least giving the Tesla supply chain a chance to catch up with demand. The delay might give time for huge demand and supply chain issues to resolve, both helping to fight inflation.

Maybe, just maybe, Tesla will reduce the price of the MY to get it under the $55K cap. Otherwise the M3 will be the only qualifying Tesla. I don’t like the cap and even though I understand the rationale, I still don’t agree with it. Ah well, still gotta have a new X……

Now that it looks like the $7500 subsidy is back anyone delaying or canceling until Jan when it is supposed to take effect? I‘m supposed to take delivery in a couple of weeks, but looks like I’m going to wait.

EV Tax Credits Could Be Back for Popular Brands and Used EVs under Proposed Law
Why would you delay? It is only a tax credit not a credit on point of sale.. If I qualified, I would rather have the point of sale off my bill versus the tax credit. Delay, delay! lol I am hoping people delay so I can get my car faster!! I don't care about the tax credit, I was getting the car without it and I want it now!

Why would you delay? It is only a tax credit not a credit on point of sale.. If I qualified, I would rather have the point of sale off my bill versus the tax credit. Delay, delay! lol I am hoping people delay so I can get my car faster!! I don't care about the tax credit, I was getting the car without it and I want it now!
To clarify, starting in 2024, the credit will be given at the point of sale. I‘m not suggesting people delay, unless that makes a significant difference for you. However, as of now, only the SR Model 3 and Model Ys will qualify for the credit anyway.

EV Tax Credit in IRA

Reactions: Happy Hippo
To clarify, starting in 2024, the credit will be given at the point of sale. I‘m not suggesting people delay, unless that makes a significant difference for you. However, as of now, only the SR Model 3 and Model Ys will qualify for the credit anyway.

EV Tax Credit in IRA
I had written that the point of sale credit starts in 2024. Like I said, if I qualify, so credit or point of sale does not matter for me.. There are income caps so that disqualifies a lot of people especially if you live in an expensive area of the country. This is why I said if people delay I get my car faster!

Reactions: XHokie
Tesla will only allow you to delay delivery for 30days