Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I Reject Tesla Financing Offer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an order that I’ll be picking up within the week once the $7,500 Point of Sale EV Tax credit stuff is resolved.

I applied for financing through Tesla and was approved…but it looks like I’d be financing with Santander?

Anyways, I was going to put $30K down and financing the rest. With the point of sale tax credit, that would only be $10K.

Right now the App is showing I would need to finance $17,500, because it obviously can’t take into account the $7,500 point of sale tax credit into the vehicle price.

To make things easy, I’m just going to pay cash for it and buy it outright. The App only says to “Accept” the financing terms and I can’t see how to reject it.

Does anyone know how to reject the financing approval from Tesla/Santander?

They cant make you finance the car if you dont want to. Contact Tesla and tell them you changed your mind on financing and will now be a cash buyer.
This is all contingent on them allowing me to purchase with point of sale tax credit. I guess I need to figure out if I can do that and then I’ll update how I’m going to pay.

Has anyone used Tesla Financing and got a weird 3rd part financing company? I got a company called Santander?

This is all contingent on them allowing me to purchase with point of sale tax credit. I guess I need to figure out if I can do that and then I’ll update how I’m going to pay.

Has anyone used Tesla Financing and got a weird 3rd part financing company? I got a company called Santander?
I got Wells Fargo. This was disclosed before I clicked accept.