Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Experience with credit union financing Tesla in MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have experience financing from a credit union in MA recently? I would love some input on how the process worked for you. We have a loan approved from our local credit union for a Model Y and the two documents they need to close the loan are the MA RTA form and the MVPA. I have a VIN assigned on the Tesla app but I haven't received/can't see the MVPA yet. I'm assuming this is only available when I have the option to schedule the delivery (July 23- July 30th). The other form the credit union needs prior to closing is the MA RTA form. I think the RTA form has to be filled in by Tesla, endorsed by my insurer and only then will my credit union close the loan. I'm getting nervous thinking about all the coordination I would have to do between these three parties - fingers crossed this will all work out in the end.

Does anyone have experience financing from a credit union in MA recently? I would love some input on how the process worked for you. We have a loan approved from our local credit union for a Model Y and the two documents they need to close the loan are the MA RTA form and the MVPA. I have a VIN assigned on the Tesla app but I haven't received/can't see the MVPA yet. I'm assuming this is only available when I have the option to schedule the delivery (July 23- July 30th). The other form the credit union needs prior to closing is the MA RTA form. I think the RTA form has to be filled in by Tesla, endorsed by my insurer and only then will my credit union close the loan. I'm getting nervous thinking about all the coordination I would have to do between these three parties - fingers crossed this will all work out in the end.

Last year for my Model Y, DCU get me financed in time with no issues. They deal with Tesla a lot probably because they offer a discount for EVs. I just remember everything going very smoothly.

EDIT: I see their rates are only slightly better than Tesla (Chase) so there's no point in using them. In March 2022, I got 1%. Ah, the good old days.

Reactions: Hoxlox
These guys do it a dozen times a day, unless you are very unlucky it will go fine. It's one of the processes where your insurance agent earns their keep by shepherding the paperwork (this is a MA peculiarity).

A year ago I got a better rate and flawless process working with BofA than DCU. I was surprised, but there you go.

Reactions: Hoxlox
These guys do it a dozen times a day, unless you are very unlucky it will go fine. It's one of the processes where your insurance agent earns their keep by shepherding the paperwork (this is a MA peculiarity).

A year ago I got a better rate and flawless process working with BofA than DCU. I was surprised, but there you go.
This makes sense. Problem also is that I went through Geico directly and don’t have an insurance agent assigned. So there’s no specific number or contact person for Geico which makes this even more difficult. This is the first time that I’ve had to do all this by myself. The last two car purchases I did were through dealerships and they handled all the paperwork. Live and learn.