Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question Regarding Colorado Tax Credit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted this in the Model 3 Ordering, Production, Delivery subforum but realised it makes more sense to post here.

I'm currently in the process of leasing a new 2023 model 3 performance and having issues getting clarification from Tesla regarding the Colorado EV tax credit. Per the Colorado website (link), the tax credit can be assigned to the financing entity via form DR 0618 and the purchaser (me) would be compensated up front to use the funds for the purchase/lease. I've reached out to Tesla via messages in the app and keep getting told that while the tax credit qualifies to be used for the lease, it cannot be used at point of sale. Does anyone here have any experience with this or know who I can contact at Tesla to get this resolved? Thanks in advance.

AFAIK Tesla hasn't elected to offer point-of-sale application of any tax credits apart from the Federal one. So even though the Colorado credit may be applied at point-of-sale, if you buy from Tesla it won't and you'll have to wait until you get your tax refund for tax year 2024 next year.