Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any way to ONLY tilt passenger mirror when in reverse?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When backing into my garage, I only need the passenger mirror to tilt and would like the driver to stay the same. I've tried to put it in reverse (so mirrors tilt), then adjusted the driver mirror into its normal position, then saved it to memory, but that didn't work. It looks like the only option is that both tilt or both don't.

Actually I think you can.

The way it works is you can adjust them when in reverse and that’s where they will go when in reverse.

So adjust one to normal and one down, while in reverse.

Think of it as another mini profile just for side mirrors.

It’s just the default delta shifts them both down by a fixed amount.
Wished you were right, but nope. Tried it many times and it doesn't work. I have 2023 MX with latest firmware.

Upvote 0
Haven't tried that yet, but it seems a pain to have to switch profiles when reversing, no?

It is. That is why it really isn’t a solution.
It would be a pain if you wanted to do it every time you back up, but if you only need to do it when you back into your garage, assuming there is no alternating forward and reverse, it would be quite easy. When you are ready to back up you select the alternate profile from the menu, and you go back to your profile after you are done. So if that idea works, you should try and see if it solves your problem.

Upvote 0