Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any US Model 3 Performance deliveries in 2019?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the X6 had to go though.. I mean, it has 60k miles and I really feel that maintenance would start being an issue by end of the year..I looked into Model X, but the one I built in the website came up to be $125k lol.. I will gladly let her drive my truck if she is up to it... and I will keep the M3 for me as destructure suggested lol

Greetings Ya'll! First post on the forum. Sounds like a lot of different experiences so far, hope it works out for everyone in the end.

My experience:
  • Ordered Black/Black M3P +FSD on 3/17.
  • Text message with VIN received 3/19, confirmed 2019 model.
  • Dealership called 3/23 to arrange for delivery appointment
  • Scheduled pickup 3/30 in Pittsburgh. :D
Good luck guys!

Reactions: destructure00
It's here!

Attachments

• IMG_20190328_213038.jpg
    IMG_20190328_213038.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 94
Hi guys. Im hopping in here late. Im planning on ordering a MP3 with the works this weekend. It sounds like a lot of you guys got new cars all at once, so Im hoping to hop on that train. My big concern though is I've heard some rumors of HW3 getting put in some cars. Any of you guys worried you'll be one of the last cars with HW2.5? Getting a March build date would be tremendous!

Hi guys. Im hopping in here late. Im planning on ordering a MP3 with the works this weekend. It sounds like a lot of you guys got new cars all at once, so Im hoping to hop on that train. My big concern though is I've heard some rumors of HW3 getting put in some cars. Any of you guys worried you'll be one of the last cars with HW2.5? Getting a March build date would be tremendous!

What do you hope to get out of HW3 that HW2.5 w/FSD (free HW3 retrofit) wouldn't provide?

What do you hope to get out of HW3 that HW2.5 w/FSD (free HW3 retrofit) wouldn't provide?

There could be redundant hardware (such as two front radars instead of one) that can’t be retrofitted to 2.5 cars, which would make only 3.0 hardware (and beyond) truly full self driving capable — but there is a lot of speculation, and no hard evidence for now. We’ll find out at some point!

There could be redundant hardware (such as two front radars instead of one) that can’t be retrofitted to 2.5 cars, which would make only 3.0 hardware (and beyond) truly full self driving capable — but there is a lot of speculation, and no hard evidence for now. We’ll find out at some point!

I guess you're right. No hard evidence. The only piece of evidence we have the promise that Tesla made to us about a free retrofit, if needed, to deliver the value of FSD. A buyer can choose to believe in that promise or not.

There will always be something new; something next. Only you can decide when you're ready to make your purchase. Good luck, friend.

If that's a big concern to you, then it could be positive to wait a couple of weeks and see if there are any news around HW3.

there couldn't be any of that, since Tesla has repeated and explicitly said there's no change to the sensor suite for HW3.

it's just a plug and play computer swap, and there's literally no reason to wait at all.

there couldn't be any of that, since Tesla has repeated and explicitly said there's no change to the sensor suite for HW3.

it's just a plug and play computer swap, and there's literally no reason to wait at all.

You’re right, that’s what they said. But with Tesla I’ve learned to be skeptical and wait to see what they do instead of believe what they say :(

Reactions: Gpa9504 and Nrazar
I caved guys. I visited a store today. They told me they had one at the store that left the factory 48 hours ago. Even better it had a $1500 discount, according to him it was built with the old pricing model, before the price increase. So Im picking it up tomorrow. Super excited! Thanks for the input. Glad to join the club.

Congrats and welcome to the club! What specs/options did you buy? Also, what are the last 6 digits of your VIN?

Placed order 3/9 for m3p white/white and $3k autopilot option. Since ordering I was assigned 2018 vin # two separate times. Told them I will wait for 2019. Currently no vin assigned and delivery date scheduled for 4/17. From speaking to the advisor they should be getting some right off the assembly line soon. Will keep you posted.

My home delivery was supposedly scheduled for today, but it seems like that’s not happening. My delivery adviser is now offering to pay for a one-way rental and throw in a free wall charger if I pick it up at the SC, which is about 3 hours away. That’s a good deal so I’ll likely take them up on it tomorrow.

I do have to say that the while the ordering experience is modeled to be “like any other online purchase” the post-order period is kind of a mess. I’ve been told much conflicting information by multiple reps. I know it’s quarter end and they’re swamped, but on Thursday I was told I had been assigned a delivery driver and was scheduled for Saturday. Now on Saturday I’m told they’re still trying to find a carrier.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That isn’t to say I’m not incredibly excited about the car! Can’t wait...

there is no sugar coating.. whole customer experience has been absolutely garbage from my perspective. It's good that Tesla is a pioneer in the EV space and should have enough time to get their sh*t together, because the others will catch up and if they are still providing this service, it's over.

After I wired payment, now website is back showing that they are drafting the contract and will let me know when ready for payment.. wtf..

• Funny
Reactions: Nrazar
Took delivery of my car today, when I got in it was throwing errors for autopark, regen braking, and something else, can't remember. They took it back to the service center, we waited an hour or so with no fix and ended up going home in a loaner P85.

I did get mobile access set up before I left, got a notification about 30 minutes ago that a software update was complete, so it seems like they are working on it. No idea on ETA though.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric