Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Sig Model X owners willing to show it off after it arrives?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, MikeBur, for the offer to use the underground parking garage. It looks like the weather is probably going to cooperate for an outdoor showing so let's go with that.
I'll see all you X fans this Saturday, 10am directly behind the old Jitters building in the back side of Redmond Sears, near the Starbucks. For further directions, look up the address for the Overlake Plaza Starbucks near the corner of 20th and 148th.
Should take me about 3:20 from home including time at the SC in Centralia... 6:40am departure... let's put me down as 80%...
You will allow us to to take lots of pictures, especially the "all doors open seats up and seats down compare to the Model S" thing that I really want... right?
(I know, this sounds strange... it's super generous of you to meet with us to give us a first personal experience before Tesla is ready to get cars to the stores... MUCH appreciated)

I just got home with my gorgeous Sig red model X! DS said it is the first X delivered in Washington state. After mine was a silver then a black. At least I think it was black. I was too busy gawking at mine to be sure.

See you all in Redmond at 10am this Saturday.
I would complain about the lack of pictures (but I saw them earlier on FB).
Congrats. I'll say that again in person on Saturday (99% sure I'll be there - have another meeting lined up for after lunch and am using that to rationalize the idiotic idea to drive seven hours round trip to see a car that I'll most likely be able to see in a couple of weeks at the showroom here in Portland...)
:)

I just got home with my gorgeous Sig red model X! DS said it is the first X delivered in Washington state. After mine was a silver then a black. At least I think it was black. I was too busy gawking at mine to be sure.

See you all in Redmond at 10am this Saturday.

Hurray!! Congratulations. That's fantastic. I'm so happy for you and I can't wait to see it on Saturday. Thank you for being so generous with your time.

I would complain about the lack of pictures (but I saw them earlier on FB).
Congrats. I'll say that again in person on Saturday (99% sure I'll be there - have another meeting lined up for after lunch and am using that to rationalize the idiotic idea to drive seven hours round trip to see a car that I'll most likely be able to see in a couple of weeks at the showroom here in Portland...)
:)

Driving 7 hours round trip to see a car seems completely reasonable to me. If somebody else thinks it's reasonable, does that mean you're not crazy?

Or maybe we both got it so bad, that we think it's reasonable to go 7 hours out of the way to see a Model X a week or 2 sooner?

Photo from current meetup.

image.jpg

Again thanks go to Kittylitter for being so generous

Last edited:
Awesome to see so many enthusiast. There were at least 40 people total who came by.
Thank you so much for your generosity, kittylitter

+1 kittylitter was very gracious to let us completely check out his new X, including sitting in each seat, playing with the doors, putting seats up and down, forward and back, taking measurements, etc. THANK You!

Really appreciated that! Here are some photos and video from today.

Also, for tall people out there, I'm 6'6" and could stand under the Falcon Wing doors, just barely (had to stoop for the leading edge). I also could fit fine in the outer second row seats. Headroom in the drivers seat was great - more than in my Model S. The front passengers seat was _amazing_. With the seat all the way back I could stretch my legs out nearly straight.

Nice photo of the front. It really does look great in person. Honestly, comparing it to Model S side by side, the Model S nose does look dated.
20160102_104700.jpg

The 20" wheels look much better in person than I've seen in photos. They don't look undersized at all.
20160102_111236.jpg

Side by side with the Model S. The X is quite a bit larger:
20160102_112717.jpg

20160102_112803.jpg

An open question answered - Yes, the front doors sense cars close by and don't swing open into them:

Side by side with our Volvo XC60, the smaller of the Volvo SUVs (more of a CUV):
20160102_113603.jpg
20160102_113628.jpg
20160102_113654.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Really appreciated that! Here are some photos and video from today.

Also, for tall people out there, I'm 6'6" and could stand under the Falcon Wing doors, just barely (had to stoop for the leading edge). I also could fit fine in the outer second row seats. Headroom in the drivers seat was great - more than in my Model S. The front passengers seat was _amazing_. With the seat all the way back I could stretch my legs out nearly straight.

Nice photo of the front. It really does look great in person. Honestly, comparing it to Model S side by side, the Model S nose does look dated.

Fantastic photos, thank you! I really appreciate the comparisons and real-life testing.

Unfortunately you're correct about how stodgy/old-fashioned the Model S nose looks by comparison. Sigh.

HUGE THANK YOU to Kittylitter (and his gracious wife for letting him out to "play") for allowing us all to crawl all over (and under!) his brand spanking new X!

It was a great help to see one in the light of day (as opposed to under the stage lights at the reveal), and many questions were answered and significant others' fears allayed (I hope).

It was great to meet many of you and to put faces with screen names. I know I didn't get to introduce myself to many of you but I was the one in the baby blue Patagonia puffy and white hat (or toque if you're Canadian or just like the word).

Kittylitter and his wife were also very kind in stopping by my house for a garage test fit on their way out of town (to test it at one of the Western Washington Superchargers). It fit great! ;-)

Thank you also for for posting your photos EarlyAdopter!

Cheers!

I can't believe how calm kittylitter was with all the dirty feet going inside the car and coat zippers pressing up against the side of the car. Thanks!

After seeing the car in person, I like it better than I did after just seeing pictures - it did look nice, and after some waffling I am now used to the X nose and like it. I still feel the Model S is a better overall fit for us and am not likely to buy an X unless they offer folding or removable second-row seats, though.

The doors worked great; MikeBur stood in front of one and it opened within an inch of his face but stopped before hitting him.

A few more pics. The car was cold when Gary first arrived:

IMG_20160102_095306.jpg

A shot from the rear before everything got opened up:

IMG_20160102_095456.jpg

Me failing to detect a simple way to remove the second row seat. (Saxena's Model S and my Roadster in the background).

IMG_20160102_095806.jpg

A 6'4" member of this forum. Yes, he is standing directly under the open door. I don't think (?) Gary set the suspension high when he parked it, so this should be the normal setting.

IMG_20160102_100226.jpg

Flappy bird (note the rear hatch opens higher than the falcon wing doors do, for those that are worried about clearance):

IMG_20160102_100436.jpg

The back, with the 3rd row folded down. (The button on the top side of the seat that folds the headrest and then folds the seat doesn't look like a button; more like a dime-sized circle of fabric - I saw it while looking for the folding mechanism but didn't realize it was what I was looking for).

IMG_20160102_100759.jpg

Last edited: