Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any good tips to get a good FSD score plus new requirements to get FSD beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok I understand your point I think, but are you SURE you were in AP at the time because that is not the way it works. AP does not penalize when people pull in front of you. I'm 100% sure about that. In fact, a programmer at the factory told me several months ago when I was in on the safety score that if someone pulls in front of me that I should double-click the stalk to immediately put it in AP so I would not get dinged. It worked. And I think you mean braking, not breaking :)
Yes. I remember because I had all highway drive in the Seattle area and the traffic was backed up. A jerk jarred in front of me because the 7 car length setting and I swear my windshield almost came off as hard as I stopped.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Ok I understand your point I think, but are you SURE you were in AP at the time because that is not the way it works. AP does not penalize when people pull in front of you. I'm 100% sure about that. In fact, a programmer at the factory told me several months ago when I was in on the safety score that if someone pulls in front of me that I should double-click the stalk to immediately put it in AP so I would not get dinged. It worked. And I think you mean braking, not breaking :)
And dang my English

• Funny
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Yes. I remember because I had all highway drive in the Seattle area and the traffic was backed up. A jerk jarred in front of me because the 7 car length setting and I swear my windshield almost came off as hard as I stopped.
Ok, if you were dinged, then you might have actually been using TACC rather than AP. You will get dinged with TACC when that happens.

Reactions: KrazinAz
That's a great guide. One thing I did differently was that I set the collision warning to early rather than setting it to medium (same as what the car dings you) because I found that if I want getting a warning on the early setting, I could slow down more gradually before reaching the medium state at which the car would ding me. Hope that makes sense. In other words, if I would have set my warning to the same medium setting that the score uses then by the time I hear the warning, it would be too late to do anything about it.

• Informative
Reactions: FlyF4 and TresLA
That's a great guide. One thing I did differently was that I set the collision warning to early rather than setting it to medium (same as what the car dings you) because I found that if I want getting a warning on the early setting, I could slow down more gradually before reaching the medium state at which the car would ding me. Hope that makes sense. In other words, if I would have set my warning to the same medium setting that the score uses then by the time I hear the warning, it would be too late to do anything about it.
+1 to setting it early. I initially had it at medium and never got a warning but I did get a ding, twice. After setting it to early I found I was getting them at the same place each time. Changed my driving and no more FCWs (at least not at that spot :))