Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any configuration regrets?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah very nice and neat job.

a0f6ab514a6359c6cbe3420b110963c0.jpg
c4418a47ad8dee76eece5ed7bc56bd63.jpg
14c0b6d232e805f7e564699505c03423.jpg
766ebe7853cbe3fa4214c89054115ec7.jpg
e7d1dfcc9454200d9a4e180bb0321ee2.jpg

Sweet! Have you compared sound to UHFS next to one another?

I love all the options I have, even the Winter Package here in SoCal helps to keep from having to use the heater which I just don't like the feel of.

In retrospect, I would probably opt to not add the Ludicrous option at $10k. The car is so fast and nimble as is. I just don't use it that often and when I do the kids scream at me to "STOP!"

But then again, it has replaced two cars for me - an SUV and a "supercar" so maybe the L option was necessary in a way.

No I have not. If I was to do it again I would get UHFS and then maybe add the NVX sub.

That would be a beast of a system then!

- - - Updated - - -

I love all the options I have, even the Winter Package here in SoCal helps to keep from having to use the heater which I just don't like the feel of.

In retrospect, I would probably opt to not add the Ludicrous option at $10k. The car is so fast and nimble as is. I just don't use it that often and when I do the kids scream at me to "STOP!"

But then again, it has replaced two cars for me - an SUV and a "supercar" so maybe the L option was necessary in a way.

When I test drove a 90D it was equipped with insane mode and my son freaked out the first time. After that kept asking me to launch it again! He's 3 so he's counting the days until I get mine as well. He's calling it "the tesla car" LOL carries the hot wheel tesla everywhere.

A relatively minor one....

I've been driving slow cars for awhile now. My history is RX-7, modded 300TT, 545, Civic hybrid, Leaf, now 70D. Well you guessed it, yes the 70D is fast, but sometimes I wish I got the 85D. The few extra miles would have been nice - like save me a total of an hour over 8 months of ownership. And even that is stretching it. The lease payment was $180 a month difference. Not worth it at all for me. But the acceleration would have been nice....

So slight regret over he 85D because of acceleration.

Exactly my only regret as well. (And also my thought process -- not worth the $10K for me...)

But it gives me something to plan for the next Tesla...

Exactly my only regret as well. (And also my thought process -- not worth the $10K for me...)

But it gives me something to plan for the next Tesla...
I am perplexed at myself for ordering the Ludicrous upgrade for my P85D. I did not order the P85D initially, but the 85D. Offered an inventory P85D for a big discount (2014 bought in 2015) I accepted it. Now I find I want the rarely used additional acceleration. It certainly has no justification, but the options of both 'insane' and 'ludicrous' are well-chosen even if one is not a Spaceballs fan. Luckily my spouse does not expect rationality from me!

I am perplexed at myself for ordering the Ludicrous upgrade for my P85D. I did not order the P85D initially, but the 85D. Offered an inventory P85D for a big discount (2014 bought in 2015) I accepted it. Now I find I want the rarely used additional acceleration. It certainly has no justification, but the options of both 'insane' and 'ludicrous' are well-chosen even if one is not a Spaceballs fan. Luckily my spouse does not expect rationality from me!

eh... remember at $5k, you'll likely recoup that when you sell.

the $10k Ludicrous option via new order? harder to justify financially...

I've just ordered my second Model S (to replace my first early VIN). At the time it was a fully loaded S85, sans the 3rd-row seats and 21" wheels. This time around, I'm more or less going for the same spec (90D). I thought a lot about the pano roof. I do use it, but only when it's just me in the car. The noise is too loud otherwise, but I agree that it opens the car up, so I kept it with the new one. I did not pay for the audio upgrade; at $1000 for my first build it was a reasonable cost, but (IMO) no way is it worth $2500. I don't like the front sound-stage. I've already reached out to Reus , they'll do the upgrade (they've done 100's, so no concerns there). Against my better judgement, I did go for the 21" wheels this time around...I know they're not practical, but that was my only regret from my first Model S.

I'm leasing this time, so there was no way I could justify the additional $300 a month for the P90D.

When I upgraded to 60 to 70D, I decided against the air suspension and the premium interior. I really miss the auto-liftgate, but I am quite happy with the coils. The air suspension always felt a little soft and out of touch with the road for me. The autopilot feature is amazing and I don't think I could handle a car now without traffic aware cruise control.

No regrets actually...thanks to fellow forum posters!
Cold Weather - thank god I got it...use it every day in the winter even with preconditioning. I have cold hands and hate gloves.
Solid roof - Got a loaner with pano and wished I had a baseball hat to keep the sun out of my eyes. I'm not a sunroof guy.
19" - Yes, it feels under-tired when I nail in in a corner (about 5% of the time), but I live in pothole country, and the low CG is it's own reward.
Red Multi - as the wife said...if not now, when?
Next-gen seats - so glad I have them, but I'm annoyed that they were an upgrade...why do they offer the standard seats at all?
Big battery - Didn't really think this was worth it until winter came. It is worth it just to take range-anxiety away
D - winter, thrust, handling, resale
Autopilot - long wait, but especially with the last update it's an amazing thing. Glad I have it just to stay on the satisfaction curve a bit longer...resale too

We got a blue/tan P90DL with everything except child seats and a spoiler.. I regret getting the Ludicrous mode. Ludicrous is a vomit rocket and can be painful. Very few places to safely use it. I liken it to a wooden rollercoaster, fun idea but the discomfort is the reality. A little more range would be better.

Curious if after living with your car do you have any regrets on how you configured your car (added something you now think was not worth it or more likely wish you added something that you didn't at the time of order)

I will start off and say my only regret was that I did not get the winter package option with the heated steering wheel and heated back seats. What was worse was I actually had it configured this way and was basically set to submit order when the salesperson actually said he would favor not getting that option and saving $1000. Living near Nashville he didn't think the winters justified that as an option. I do regret it because I find myself keeping the car heater at a lower setting than I did on my regular car (69F vs 72F) trying to get most efficiency with the tesla and find that with my seat heater on this is a great compromise. However if and when I have passengers in the back it would have been a nice feature to offer them. Plus heated steering wheel is always nice. For all three back seats and steering wheel heater $1k was also a reasonable ask (plus I got the $1k discount for being referred). Other than that I have no regrets

I'm in Florida and even considered the winter package! For only $1k, I think it's a real bargain. But, logic prevailed. Those 3 times annually that I can use the heated steering wheel just didn't justify it! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Be happy you didn't pay for the sound system upgrade from Tesla. The upgrade from Reus is much better for about the same price.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/20103-My-Reus-sound-system-install-Photos-and-comments

Thanks for this! I "traded" my upgraded sound for the upgrade from 85 to 90! Looking forward to the aftermarket Reus or NVX system!