Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Antigravity Group 51R LiFePO4 Lithium battery for Tesla Model 3/Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You have to dig your way to the battery and press a button on the top of it. Seems kinda a pain in the butt unless that's your only option to get things working again.

Of course you need 12v power to open the frunk..... So this seems even less useful knowing that.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. With an ICE car the battery's at least accessible. With a Tesla you can't even open the frunk without hot wiring it, then you have to take apart the cowling to get to the battery. Not a lot of real-world practical benefit there.

The Re-Start feature makes zero sense on a Tesla.
It makes sense on an ICE car that may have a load on it just sitting there. Leave a door open and a light on and drain it fast, or just leave it alone for months and have the low background drain kill it. There's nothing to recharge it.

On a Tesla, it charges the battery anytime it gets low, even if you haven't touched the car for months. If you really monitor it, it does it a couple times a day. The reason Tesla batteries fail is not that they get over-discharged. It's that the battery itself fails, either loosing to much capacity or catastrophically failing like a collapsed plate. If the only way they fail is a bad battery, why would you assume that the hold back for over-discharge would work, given the battery is already shot?

Have you ever once heard someone say that they jumped their Tesla and after that the battery was just fine? Nope. The onboard charger doesn't mess up and sometimes let the battery get too low. It's always running, always monitoring, and in fact doesn't even let the battery cycle that deeply.

If the DC-DC in the PCS fails the 12V isn't going to save you anyway, the car won't run with a dead PCS, unlike some cars with a dead alternator.

Their Re-start feature reserves part of the battery's capacity that can't be used unless you explicitly enable it to jump start your own car. It's supposed to replace having to carry a jump pack or get a jump start from someone else.
Exactly. It's a battery reserve partition reserved solely for emergencies and can be activated with the included keyfob remote.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
The minor gain in weight savings isn't really a primary objective on a 4500lb vehicle, it's more of a bonus of going from Lead Acid to Lithium.

The RE-START partition and going LiFePO4 are the primary goals.
I think you're actually missing a huge issue which is that the parasitic charging losses in lead acid chemistry are significantly higher. If you dig out the research, lithium batteries might save you 10-15% on every kilowatt hour that goes into the charging and discharging of the 12 volt system. That adds up to a lot of energy

Wanted to give a 1 year follow up on since FW 2022.12.3.20. Used to have an occasional VCFRONT message here and there but have been error free since September '22 with the later firmware releases - it appears Tesla is loosening up in this area.

Antigravity Battery still performing strong since installing 1.5 years later. Cleared and currently for sale:

Last edited:
Wanted to give a 1 year follow up on since FW 2022.12.3.20. Used to have an occasional VCFRONT message here and there but have been error free since September '22 with the later firmware releases - it appears Tesla is loosening up in this area.

Antigravity Battery still performing strong since installing 1.5 years later. Cleared and currently for sale:

Update your web site to show Tesla as a vehicle.

Reactions: tom @ eas

Thank you for updating everybody and being a guinea pig. I think you're going to have a lot of unhappy Ohmu customers soon.

Reactions: tom @ eas
Is the ATG-51R (on the European auto source website) the same battery at the AG-51R? I can only find the AG-51R on antigravity and other resellers websites…

I assume the 24Ah version is fine for a model3? Thanks!

Considering you can buy a new, OEM battery for like 80 from Tesla I can't think of a reason why anybody would buy the Antigravity. You can go through a lot of batteries before you break even.