Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Angry about HPWC replacement cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to bump an old thread, however, many comments in this thread surround concern with the quality, design, reliability, and warranty associated with the Wall Connector. I simply wanted to point out some new information that may be relevant to anyone else that digs up this thread up through the search engine and reads through it.

Tesla Charging At Home PDF link said:
Redesigned in spring 2016, the Wall Connector offers the following benefits:
  • For vehicles with the Standard Charger: Install with a 60 amp circuit to match the standard onboard charger of your Tesla (20% faster charging than a NEMA 14-50 outlet)
  • For vehicles with the High Amperage Charger Upgrade: Install with a 90 amp circuit to match an upgraded onboard charger of your Tesla (50% faster than a standard onboard charger)
  • Power sharing: Link up to 4 Wall Connectors to a single circuit to maximize available power
  • Two cable length options: 8.5’ or 24’

I have no idea if the "redesign" addressed any of the issues in this thread, but I thought it might be good to know. FYI - when purchased separately, the warranty remains 1 year.

P.S. My first post, just confirmed today, and hope to be part of the family sometime in July or early August.