Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Suspension Woes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is going in for something similar next week. Front of the car is 1 inch lower than the rear as measured in the wheel wells. Air compressor also runs excessively even if car is in standard height and let's out a "poof" noise periodically as if it's releasing excess pressure. Really odd.
Mine is the same. Way off when comparing front to back from ground to wheel well. However the floor board horizontal looks level. I don't think you can use comparison of wheel well measurement from front to back.

Sorry to bring up from the dead -

I am having small issues with the air suspension - when not in use. Everytime I come out to the car from work, or in the morning, the passenger side sits very low and the passenger side sits higher than standard?

I am not sure when driving if it adjusts itself - but does anyone else see this or have had issues?
I took it into Tesla, and they replaced the rear passenger, but didnt notice anything irregular, however, still having the same issues?

Thanks for your input.

I haven't had one side sit higher than the others but I have had the front left strut develop a very slow leak that would have the car drop in that corner by morning. As soon as you turned the car on it levelled itself, they just replaced the strut and it has been fine since.

Reactions: Pismo
Sorry to bring this up again - but its bugging me. Only because, this is a "$100k" luxury car and it looks rediculous in the parking lot. Its embarrasing to see a car sit like this.
I took it into Tesla and they said, it's all fine, it never "set low" one sided when it was there. They replaced the rear drivers strut... But here we are two weeks later and still same issue. Is this a "just get over it" issue or should I have some genuine rationale behind beind my dissapointed of what is happening?
Here are some pics.
Rear:
IMG_0329.jpg

Passenger Side: (Low)
IMG_0330.jpg

Drivers Side: (high)
IMG_0331.jpg

Passenger Rear Vs Drivers Rear
IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

Passenger Front v Drivers Front
IMG_0334.jpg
IMG_0333.jpg

Sorry to bring this up again - but its bugging me. Only because, this is a "$100k" luxury car and it looks rediculous in the parking lot. Its embarrasing to see a car sit like this.
I took it into Tesla and they said, it's all fine, it never "set low" one sided when it was there. They replaced the rear drivers strut... But here we are two weeks later and still same issue. Is this a "just get over it" issue or should I have some genuine rationale behind beind my dissapointed of what is happening?
Here are some pics.
Rear:
View attachment 471145

Passenger Side: (Low)
View attachment 471142

Drivers Side: (high)
View attachment 471143

Passenger Rear Vs Drivers Rear
View attachment 471138
View attachment 471141

Passenger Front v Drivers Front
View attachment 471139 View attachment 471140

:eek::confused:

Nope.
Don't just get over it.
Make Tesla fix that.

Just to add to this, how lame is it that the car can be sitting on an angle with a suspension fault and yet there nothing on the instrument cluster to indicate the system has a problem (even though it knows there is an issue because it has defaulted to Jack mode).
Pismo, your first pic from the rear is a prime example of a major fault yet nothing to tell you on the screen the system has an issue.