Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension light keeps coming on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My air suspension light keeps coming on every couple drives recently. I can still adjust the car up and down on the screen and it works as it should and it auto levels when I'm stopped like it's supposed to.

I don't hear any air leaks while parked and it seems to be working normally. In service mode there are no errors or warnings.

I don't wanna waste my time/money at Tesla till something breaks but I also don't wanna get stranded 300 miles from home. Any ideas what's going on?

Same thing happened to me....the light would come on, then go out.
"Service mode" troubleshooting was no help.
My ride height sensor was bad.
Maybe your ride height sensor is going out.
I don't think you'll get stranded. I would wait for failure, or you can lube all four sensors with silicone spray.
On my car, when the sensor failed, that wheel was completely slammed low to the ground. The car would bottom out on all driveways, potholes, and speed bumps. You're not stranded, but need to fix it quickly.

Same thing happened to me....the light would come on, then go out.
"Service mode" troubleshooting was no help.
My ride height sensor was bad.
Maybe your ride height sensor is going out.
I don't think you'll get stranded. I would wait for failure, or you can lube all four sensors with silicone spray.
On my car, when the sensor failed, that wheel was completely slammed low to the ground. The car would bottom out on all driveways, potholes, and speed bumps. You're not stranded, but need to fix it quickly.
Ok I need to swap my snow tires to summer tires this week, so I'll lube them up while I got the rims off.

I had the orange suspension light turn on, and the service at Tesla couldn’t replicate. Then it turned to red and leveling ended. The car bottomed out as mentioned above. It was a fairly expensive repair by the time I took it in. So i recommend having it fixed soon. Good luck (2013 S, problem 2024)

TL/DR: suspension error; service center replaces solenoid block and compressor even though I tell them it looks like a height sensor. Service center cant find problem, finally replaces a height sensor. Seems to be fixed but not entirely confident.

I just went through a saga at a Tesla service center over this issue on my '14 P85. Over the last year, the suspension unavailable light would occasionally pop up on the dash and when I tried to raise or lower the suspension it would generate an error on the center screen (eas_w007) and not do anything. It would usually clear on it's own in a few minutes or at worst the next drive and not come back for weeks or months. Recently the dash error would pop up nearly every day and persist for a while but when it wasn't in error everything worked fine and there were no leaks or sagging. I made an appt. at the service center and shortly before dropping off I observed that the error would only occur after the suspension went down to standard height and would stay off as long as I drove in high around town. Seems like a problem with one or more of the height sensors to me.

I told all this to the service center and their initial diagnosis was the solenoid block needed replacing which made no sense to me based on what I was seeing. After having the car a week they call and say to get rid of the error they need to replace the compressor. I pushed back and asked for an explanation of what they were seeing to come to this conclusion and got a bunch of mealy mouthed gobbledygook back. He gave me the option of taking the car back and living with the "nuisance error" I reiterated my thoughts about the height sensors and told them to just fix it, I need this car to work since I use it for long road trips.

I leave for a 12k road trip in my 3 and at this point they've had the car for two weeks and I'm on the road and they call and say they cant find the problem can I authorize another hour of diag. time saying they've already given me two free hours. Unfortunately I'm driving in major traffic in a strange area at the time so I cant get into it with them and I just say yes fix the damn thing.

A week later I get notification the car is done and ready for pickup and have an invoice for around 2k. I look at the service report and guess what the final "fix" was, a bad height sensor. I put the word fix in quotes because I'm not sure it's fixed, fifteen minutes after picking the car while driving down the freeway, the dash error light comes on, ARGHH. I get off the freeway and, as opposed to last time, the suspension goes up and down just fine even with the error active. The next morning the error was gone and has not been back in ten days.