Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air suspension warning light

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the 2013 model p85 with the active air suspension. My red suspension light comes on every time I drive my car. It rarely ever came on when I lived in California. Now that it’s winter and I’m in freezing temperatures, it comes on just minutes after turning the car on. From what I know, the red light means that the active air suspension is off. I don’t know if that means it needs service tho. I’m worried it’s going to give out on me, and then it will have to be towed for service. Is this something worth paying the $200 diagnostic fee for?

Looking forward to any input. Thanks

I have the 2013 model p85 with the active air suspension. My red suspension light comes on every time I drive my car. It rarely ever came on when I lived in California. Now that it’s winter and I’m in freezing temperatures, it comes on just minutes after turning the car on. From what I know, the red light means that the active air suspension is off. I don’t know if that means it needs service tho. I’m worried it’s going to give out on me, and then it will have to be towed for service. Is this something worth paying the $200 diagnostic fee for?

Did you find the solution?

I had it fail once early on and again recently, my car (2017 s75d) is in the shop now. The estimate is $931, but I hope it won't all be necessary. I think it's a design flaw where moisture gets into the system, freezes and causes the valve to crack.

I'd love to find a way to prevent it now that I'm out of warranty.

If you didn't fix it, you'll be stuck as a low-rider, which may be fine for you, but is technically unsafe.