Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Suspension no longer lowers at highway speeds (FW update v5.8)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And you know this how? Seems like pure speculation.

he obviously can't speak that info... His point is that it's out there, and we just need to be patient. Tesla has been very forward about this whole issue, Unlike other issues. Faith is in order here on this one. There is nothing more to be gained on this topic by being overly impatient and vocal. Tesla is being vocal about the progress about this and working their fastest to restore it to us. That is the point. There is nothing more that they can do.

should they have removed it in the first place? You guys are right, That is an ethical debate where both sides have valid arguments. Their process of returning it, so far, hasn't been one. They've been very forward.

he obviously can't speak that info... His point is that it's out there, and we just need to be patient. Tesla has been very forward about this whole issue, Unlike other issues. Faith is in order here on this one. There is nothing more to be gained on this topic by being overly impatient and vocal. Tesla is being vocal about the progress about this and working their fastest to restore it to us. That is the point. There is nothing more that they can do.

should they have removed it in the first place? You guys are right, That is an ethical debate where both sides have valid arguments. Their process of returning it, so far, hasn't been one. They've been very forward.

No shocker you find no fault in teslas action but we will have to agree to disagree. 1). They haven't been forward at all unless you define forward as having something taken away that was a paid upgrade without warning, then given a nebulous reason as to why it was taken away on the first place (company has already said it wasn't due to safety), and finally told we will get it back around the end of January (what's the date again?) and still not have it by the end of February (anyone willing to bet on that?). 2) if consumers sims put up with such behavior by tesla without given them the proper scolding and voicing our intolerance then it will happen again. No, Tesla has been less than forward on this and MANY other communication issues. But there are some on these forums that will give Tesla a pass no matter what their action. I'm not one of them.

Moderator note: Folks, opinions about how the rest of the forum behaves is not helpful to the discussion & tends to get things escalated quickly. Please keep posts centered on your own opinion and the discussion & and avoid generalizations regarding what is wrong with everyone else, please.

Many thanks.

Moderator note: Folks, opinions about how the rest of the forum behaves is not helpful to the discussion & tends to get things escalated quickly. Please keep posts centered on your own opinion and the discussion & and avoid generalizations regarding what is wrong with everyone else, please.

Many thanks.

this a new policy Bonnie or just as it applies to me bc people have commented on others opinions - you included - throughout this entire website. Or have you gone back and posted this "mod note" everywhere this has occurred.

Please just let it rest. We try hard to keep an environment here where everyone feels free to add their input. Many of your comments don't help out in that regard.

Were you really LYAO?

let exactly what rest? Clearly biased moderation? What exactly in my questioned inhibited the ability for anyone to add their opinion. My "agree to disagree" comment. Or the factual statement that some popes will give tesla a pass no matter what? My comments don't help in your opinion bc I call tesla out yet I have a solid rep based on points. Honesty is inhibited on this site.

Oh lord. Please stop with the drama. No one said a word about you not posting YOUR opinion. All I asked was that you not label other posters, in this case Kraken, with the whole 'Tesla can do no wrong' tag just because he had an opinion different than yours. And you're making it into a big conspiracy against you.

Enough already.

let exactly what rest? Clearly biased moderation? What exactly in my questioned inhibited the ability for anyone to add their opinion. My "agree to disagree" comment. Or the factual statement that some popes will give tesla a pass no matter what? My comments don't help in your opinion bc I call tesla out yet I have a solid rep based on points. Honesty is inhibited on this site.

1) It is Tesla, not tesla

2) Humans do the moderation so we are not perfect but we try. You tend to jump on people who support Tesla then cry that we are making things hard on you and you aren't allowed to express your opinion. You are welcome to criticize Tesla but try and leave the judgements about people who you disagree with out of it.

3) The thing to give a rest is these jabs you like to throw at the moderators and the other members here. It isn't appreciated.

4) There may be a reason you don't 'yet' have positive rep points.

1. Perfect example of needless moderation and nitpicking. See your comment 3 above.

2. Completely false. I jump on people when they give tesla a free pass. That's different than support. I have just as any comments supporting tesla as condemning them. So you're saying you've never judged a poster based on his post?
3. See your tesla vs Tesla comments
4. Uh I do have positive rep via points.

1. Perfect example of needless moderation and nitpicking. See your comment 3 above.

2. Completely false. I jump on people when they give tesla a free pass. That's different than support. I have just as any comments supporting tesla as condemning them. So you're saying you've never judged a poster based on his post?
3. See your tesla vs Tesla comments
4. Uh I do have positive rep via points.

Just chill, dude.

I feel your frustration! As much as I love my Model S, I would not accept this kind of treatment from any automobile manufacturer. Be honest, be up-front and treat us like intelligent consumers. Not necessary to "sneak" something in the "backdoor" for our own good. . .
Traditional car paradigm may be what you want. Buy it and it stays virtually unchanged. With Tesla you get software positive improvements way more than minor negative ones. Software updates whatever they deem useful is one of the main reasons I'm spending this amount of unheard money on this company/car (Model X).

Buy a different car if you don't like it. Support a different company you are more aligned with. Telsa needs the flexibility to do what they need to to survive knowing what they internally have the details on and external professionals (that understand automotive business). Sell your car if you don't like what the company is doing. That'll teach them.

The whining that is still going on about this topic even when it is stated it will be returned is pretty astounding.

Last edited:
I think forum participants know that some owners have very strong feelings about the air suspension no longer lowering at highway speed. As there are no new points to be made by either side, I propose everyone take a 30 day moratorium on this issue. If v6 isn't out by then or it doesn't meet your satisfaction, then pick up where you left off.