Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AGL’s “Night Saver Energy Plan”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have recently signed up to the AGL Night Saver EV Plan as I have finally given up on the Tesla Virtual Powerplant ever getting the algorithms to actually work correctly.
Can anyone here who has changed from the Tesla product comment on how long it takes for Tesla to hand back control of the PW to the customer after changing providers?

IMG_0241.jpeg

These are 30min intervals. The 8c starts at midnight until 6am. On weekends I don’t have a departure time set so it kicks off about 1am but during the week it starts at whatever random time it needs to finish and precondition.
My bill has definitely dropped.

Reactions: sishome and Jules22
One things for sure, with no competition they know how to profit from setting high prices too
None of the distributors have competition (except for "go completely off-grid") - they're the ones that own the "poles & wires" that take power from the long-distance transmission infrastructure and distribute it to the consumers.

For this reason though, they don't get to set their own prices. They make spending and pricing proposals to the AER which have to be approved - the spending on the basis that it's required and not excessive, the pricing on the basis that it recovers their costs plus a regulated return on capital.

The single distributor across SA means that those in the city are effectively cross-subsidising those in the outback that are a lot more expensive to service.

• Informative
Reactions: dronus
Which one is that? OVO or AGL? I still have a few hundred bucks left in alinta - they have highest feed-in and lowest daily charge, but they don't refund it. So I'll have to be with them for a few more months and then move on.
Once the month ticks over I’ll be closer to have been on AGL for that month so my “grey” peak stats will disappear.
And this is what the guys on here had been telling me while I was waiting for the car..
Don’t sweat too much about charging, you’ll mostly be doing it at home anyway.

IMG_0242.jpeg