Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After what time has passed would you consider an FSD class action lawsuit?

When would you consider initiating/joining a class action lawsuit for Tesla failure to deliver FSD?

• Already enquiring with/engaging legal services

Votes: 28 6.3%
  • End of 2021

Votes: 101 22.8%
  • End of 2022

Votes: 80 18.1%
  • 2023 - 2025

Votes: 48 10.8%
  • 2025 - 2030

Votes: 21 4.7%
  • After 2030

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • Never

Votes: 140 31.6%
  • Other - see comments

Votes: 14 3.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seriously, class action lawsuits are usually settled out of court and the compensation wouldn't even come close to what anyone paid for FSD. Besides, Tesla would argue that FSD purchasers did get some of the FSD features and the rest were still being tested in a limited number of vehicles. You might as well open up your car window and yell, "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore."

If Tesla would simply transfer, and remove, FSD that has been pre-paid to any new Tesla someone purchases then I would never consider any kind of legal action.

I don’t mind being an investor in Tesla, which I am in several ways, but buying something based on advertising and promotion with the written and verbal anticipation that it is.....almost here....but in no way during the lifetime of some of our cars...it would be fair and would make some of us feel “whole”.

Taking our money and then saying...oh but your car will be work $xxx,xxx,xxx because of FSD and then when we resale or trade and less than $xxx.00 with or without the FSD option then we do feel screwed.

Last edited:
Tesla would fulfill their fsd obligation when they make the level 2 fsd beta available to all the fsd buyers (minus reverse summon), based on the current fsd description on the AP website:

Reactions: bizi
Tesla would fulfill their fsd obligation when they make the level 2 fsd beta available to all the fsd buyers (minus reverse summon), based on the current fsd description on the AP website:

No it will not. L2 does not constitute ADS even though Tesla calls their L2 system FSD. The current L2 FSD Beta can not do anything stated within the Full Self-Driving capability. It cannot complete the task of driving itself without human intervention. That is why Tesla explicitly states that FSD Beta does not make the car autonomous.

Full Self-Driving Capability
All new Tesla cars have the hardware needed in the future for full self-driving in almost all circumstances. The system is designed to be able to conduct short and long distance trips with no action required by the person in the driver’s seat.

All you will need to do is get in and tell your car where to go. If you don’t say anything, the car will look at your calendar and take you there as the assumed destination or just home if nothing is on the calendar. Your Tesla will figure out the optimal route, navigate urban streets (even without lane markings), manage complex intersections with traffic lights, stop signs and roundabouts, and handle densely packed freeways with cars moving at high speed. When you arrive at your destination, simply step out at the entrance and your car will enter park seek mode, automatically search for a spot and park itself. A tap on your phone summons it back to you.

The future use of these features without supervision is dependent on achieving reliability far in excess of human drivers as demonstrated by billions of miles of experience, as well as regulatory approval, which may take longer in some jurisdictions. As these self-driving capabilities are introduced, your car will be continuously upgraded through over-the-air software updates.

No it will not. L2 does not constitute ADS even though Tesla calls their L2 system FSD. The current L2 FSD Beta can not do anything stated within the Full Self-Driving capability. It cannot complete the task of driving itself without human intervention. That is why Tesla explicitly states that FSD Beta does not make the car autonomous.

On further investigation, you're right. ADS only applies to level 3-5.

However, nothing in Tesla's description of fsd indicates that it's a level 3 feature. It seems a level 2 fsd beta would satisfy the description.

Reactions: bhzmark
On further investigation, you're right. ADS only applies to level 3-5.

However, nothing in Tesla's description of fsd indicates that it's a level 3 feature. It seems a level 2 fsd beta would satisfy the description.
Tesla previously advertised their ‘upcoming’ robotaxi service for which the customer’s car could be used for if the customer purchased FSD.
Once FSD is purchased, a legal contract has been entered into

What would be interesting, legally, is how binding his verbal statements & tweets are

I don't agree with that in regards to the fsd purchase, especially since we're talking about a class action lawsuit. Statements made during Autonomy Day or elsewhere could simply be Tesla's aspirations, not what you've bought. I don't think what you're saying would be legal justification ("I thought Tesla was selling me a robotaxi, but it didn't say that on my purchase documents").

And what type of reimbursement would you expect?
By FSD, I mean full hands off autonomy & sleeping in your car. Not beta.
I've bought a Tesla Model 3 with FSD about 3 years ago. Once the car is 5 years old, I'll sue Tesla in a small-claims court for the full sum of the FSD pre-order plus 2% interest per year.

As an alternative, I might consider FSD transfer to a new purchase.

I've bought a Tesla Model 3 with FSD about 3 years ago. Once the car is 5 years old, I'll sue Tesla in a small-claims court for the full sum of the FSD pre-order plus 2% interest per year.

As an alternative, I might consider FSD transfer to a new purchase.
Really!

I guess you missed your contractual agreement with Tesla to use arbitration, meaning even your Small Claims case would likely be kicked. Not to mention it's a losing case.