Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice Needed: Buy X Plaid now…or wait?

Should I place an order for a Model X in December?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in the market for a Model X Plaid and debating when to purchase based on rumors, incentives, and time to build. If you knew you were going to get the car in Q1 of 2024 at the latest…would you place your order now or wait until after the Q4 rush?

Reasons not to:
- Possibility of getting tied to a 2023
- Possibility of a new incentive (like $250 off or free supercharging) coming back to start the year.
- Rumors of a refresh with ambient lighting and other X upgrades.

Don't buy a MXP unless you love 3 different sets of excessive vibrations.

One on the initial drive after the vehicle has been sitting for a while
One between 38-53mph
One at around 80mph

I had vibrations in my '21 MSP that I purchased over 2 years ago and my 6 week old '23 MXP is even worse. My '16 MS P100D and my MS Performance (Raven) didn't have these issues. It has something to do with the 3 motors in the Plaid and Tesla can't seem to resolve. Lemon Law time!

One between 38-53mph
One at around 80mph

I had vibrations in my '21 MSP that I purchased over 2 years ago and my 6 week old '23 MXP is even worse. My '16 MS P100D and my MS Performance (Raven) didn't have these issues. It has something to do with the 3 motors in the Plaid and Tesla can't seem to resolve. Lemon Law time!
interesting. Mine vibrates with a cold motor for a few minutes, then nothing the rest of the drive regardless of speed.. but always the first few minutes with a cold motor.

One between 38-53mph
One at around 80mph

Picked up mxp yesterday. Drove 100+ miles home. Didn't feel vibrations

Reactions: crispiminis
Cold start is very noticeable but only lasts a minute or 2 of driving.

The 38-50 is obvious in the foot and steering but not as strong as cold start. But persists for entire drive in light acceleration between those speeds.

I have not experienced the 80 mph one in my ‘22 MXP.

Reactions: RyanC1384

The 38-50 is obvious in the foot and steering but not as strong as cold start. But persists for entire drive in light acceleration between those speeds.

This post above is 100% with regards to the first 2 vibrations. I'm happy for you that you don't have the one at around 80mph because this is usually my cruising speed on 70mph Interstates.

2023.44.x seems to have fixed the 38-50 vibration. Or at least it’s a lot less noticeable. I don’t have the 80mph vibration, but my MSP only has a thousand miles so far.

Cold start vibration is there, but goes away quickly