Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A tree fell on my brand new Model 3. Is it totaled?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not just Tree damage but you don't know how mush Rain got into the electronics inside the Car and inside the Dash. I'm going to go with totaled.
Yeah, there are 2 inches of water in the car. The glove compartment completely filled up with water. It got everywhere for sure.

This has been a different year. In past years the next near cars started showing up in November. It's December now and still no 2024 VINs yet.
Thanks for the info.

I agree with Soul Surfer, not totaled. After replacing the glass, body damage isn’t that bad. Batteries, air bags, computer all good. Dry out the inside, water doesn’t damage vinyl.

Is someone responsible when a tree branch falls on a car in a storm? OP has asked the city to address the tree, hope that was in writing.

OP needs to make sure and get diminished value too.

Really sorry this happened.
Basically, the city is rejecting responsibility because the tree was not on their list of trees to cut. Despite many requests from neighbors and past incidents.

OMG No! I am so sorry to see this! Damn you mother nature!
Definitely run that by insurance and contact Tesla certified body shop...
Hope to get you back on the road soon! :)
Thanks! Yes, waiting for the insurance to come pick up the car.

The question is not whether the vehicle is totaled or not (which I think it is)... but ...would you feel safe driving again after such an extensive repair? This is an important factor to be considered. Sorry for your loss.
100%. I would not feel very safe. The car took a big hit from a large tree, and while the visible damages are not that bad (the other car that the tree hit looks worse), I feel like there must have been some stress on the overall structure, maybe the battery, etc.
Now, it's not my call, is it? For background, I'm leasing the car. Wouldn't I have to do whatever the insurance determines following their inspection of the car?

Reactions: mm9351 and fholbert