Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A tree fell on my brand new Model 3. Is it totaled?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! New Tesla Modle 3 owner here. I got my car 10 days ago, and absolutely love it.

Unfortunately, a tree fell on my car this morning... Do you think it's totaled? Obviously, I'll have the real answer in a few days, but I'm just restless trying to anticipate next steps... Curious to hear what you guys think.

Thanks! Looking forward to participating here.
IMG_6332.jpeg

IMG_6345.jpeg

IMG_6369.jpeg

IMG_6363.jpeg

Hello! New Tesla Modle 3 owner here. I got my car 10 days ago, and absolutely love it.

Unfortunately, a tree fell on my car this morning... Do you think it's totaled? Obviously, I'll have the real answer in a few days, but I'm just restless trying to anticipate next steps... Curious to hear what you guys think.

Thanks! Looking forward to participating here.
View attachment 1000787
View attachment 1000788
View attachment 1000789
View attachment 1000790
Welcome to the forum?

• Funny
Reactions: terranx
I would go with not totaled. And my opinion is worth exactly 0.
Appreciate your opinion!

Firewood, not toast. Happy holidays! 🤪😂

Probably not totaled, but it’s quite a bit of damage… roof, front windshield, hood, right fender, A-pillar… most easily replaceable. But that’s a lot of weight the car had to carry for awhile too… better picture will come when the body shop does the tear down.
My thoughts as well. I feel like the shock of the tree falling on the car may have done some nasty internal damage.

Search for tree infection and take it to city court.
We actually had been asking the city for years to take care of this tree. But they denied that there was anything wrong with it. Still something that we are exploring.

Terrible, terrible....totaled. It was probably a 2023 model. Now you have a chance to get a 2024 model.
Ha, that would be interesting, but not sure I can wait for the 24 model to be out. I just want my car replaced ASAP, which is why I'm hoping it's a total loss.

It doesn't look like airbags deployed. Tesla will check for that and pyro fuse and make that determination. I actually think, it's not a total loss. Just my 2¢
You're right — airbags did not deploy.

That's just a couple of weeks from now. That was a city tree? Good that no one was around to get hurt.
Will it be available in a couple weeks or is it just speculation? That's something that I had not considered yet.

Yes, city tree. And very lucky that no one got hurt. I was probably 5 min from walking out to the car to drive the work when this happened!

It doesn't look like airbags deployed. Tesla will check for that and pyro fuse and make that determination. I actually think, it's not a total loss. Just my 2¢
I agree with Soul Surfer, not totaled. After replacing the glass, body damage isn’t that bad. Batteries, air bags, computer all good. Dry out the inside, water doesn’t damage vinyl.

Is someone responsible when a tree branch falls on a car in a storm? OP has asked the city to address the tree, hope that was in writing.

OP needs to make sure and get diminished value too.

Really sorry this happened.

The question is not whether the vehicle is totaled or not (which I think it is)... but ...would you feel safe driving again after such an extensive repair? This is an important factor to be considered. Sorry for your loss.