Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand New 2023 Model Y LR Battery Failed in 3 Days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh man, the restored happiness only last for another 3 days. When I was on the freeway last night, couple alerts popped up: BMS_a036, vehicle may not restart! I was freaked out. I called the manager at the SC, and he said I need to bring the car back in asap, AGAIN! It’s really disappointing and frustrating. What a wonderful experience!!
Oh shite, that's strike two! Jeeze, either they forgot something or the battery itself was never the problem. Is it the same error as before?

Oh shite, that's strike two! Jeeze, either they forgot something or the battery itself was never the problem. Is it the same error as before?
the car was completely dead last time. Couldn’t even open the door using the app or key card. Remote diagnosis can’t be performed. It had to be towed to a SC. Thus I didn’t see the alert or error message last time until the technician told me it needs a battery replacement.

This time it happens while driving on the freeway(just 3 days after picking it up from the SC). Taking my whole family to a restaurant that was 20 miles away from home. Lucky it didn’t stall on the freeway. But we were super nervous the car won’t restart when we leave the restaurant. I lost the confidence.

Reactions: zoomer0056
the car was completely dead last time. Couldn’t even open the door using the app or key card. Remote diagnosis can’t be performed. It had to be towed to a SC. Thus I didn’t see the alert or error message last time until the technician told me it needs a battery replacement.

This time it happens while driving on the freeway(just 3 days after picking it up from the SC). Taking my whole family to a restaurant that was 20 miles away from home. Lucky it didn’t stall on the freeway. But we were super nervous the car won’t restart when we leave the restaurant. I lost the confidence.
Hang in there, just one more time.

Read about the California lemon law. Interpretation seems to vary but if the car has been out of service for a cumulative 30 days, you seem to be on firm footing. Good luck and what a pain.

From the dates of your messages, you seem to be 4 months into ownership. Did the last visit fix the car?

Got the car back 2 days ago. I asked the technician if it’s a brand new battery or a refurbished. He said if the service invoice doesn’t list it as a refurbished, then it’s a new one.

I thought the HV battery was structural. Wonder why it says (non structural pack)? Is there more than one HV pack?

img_5701-jpeg.976635